Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Injections Class & More

Just wanted to give a little update on my appointment today. The injections class was just us, so that was nice. She told us that they think that the woman should give her own subcutaneous (sp?) shots as it would be easier for her to grab a hold onto the skin better, or something. So it looks like I'm going to do those on my own at least. However, she and another nurse both said it would be o.k. if we waited until 10 to do the shots, but we shouldn't go too much after that. So I might, at least for the first few shots, wait until my husband came home just so I can have some kind of support when I do it. My husband would have to do the IM shots though.

After that was the bloodwork (as usual, I felt like a guinea pig or science experiment or something since two of the assistants had to confer on how best to get my blood with my teeny tiny veins) and then the papsmear. The doctor also did some other test to determine how far back to put the embryos when it comes to that time and something else that I'm not exactly clear on. There was quite a bit of cramping afterward, but everything is fine now.

Anyway, that's all. The first shot of Lupron will be next Tuesday night! Eek! And also eek, another $500 spent today since the stuff today isn't covered under the shared risk program!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 10:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You're a strong woman! I made my husband give me both the subcu (or subq??) AND IM shots. For me, the anticipation was worse than the actual shot and I hate needles! I laid face down on the bed for the IM shots. That helped me. Good luck!

     
  • At 10:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Hi, don't be scared of the Lupron shots. I am a complete needle phobe and after you do the first one you'll see why its no big deal. The needle is SO small and you probably won't even feel it. You'll wonder what all the fuss was about afterwards! As for the IM shots, I have done them in my hip and in my thigh. Icing before the shot REALLY helps and then get ready for sore hip/thigh for a few days. I use a heating pad on the area off and on. Oh and switch sides. I've done three months of injectibles now in a row, if I can do it, ANYone can! You can email me if you want to talk about it...Good luck!

     
  • At 7:05 AM , Blogger OHN said...

    When I was on Pergonal injections my friend (nurse) gave them to me every day but on one trip to visit the inlaws, hubby had to give it to me. He sat on the edge of the bathtub, I dropped my pants, turned around and when he stuck the needle in I made a little sound-he freaked and pulled out the needle-BEFORE INJECTING so we had to repeat it again. He was sweating bullets by the time he did it the second time. It is funny now, but it sure wasn't then. Don't worry, all you are going through is worth the trouble!

     
  • At 7:06 AM , Blogger BigP's Heather said...

    Sounds like everything is coming together! I'm so excited for you!! I think I would wait for hubby to come home before doing it too. You are very brave for even thinking about giving yourself the shots.

     
  • At 8:41 AM , Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

    You are well on your way now!

    Yeah, the Lupron shots (subq) are really not bad at all. You'll be used to them in no time. (I start Lupron next Fri. too.)

    The IM shots are not fun but we used a heating pad after the shot and it at least draws your attention away from any pain. We did them in the hip since I have some extra to work with there. :-)

    My hubbie does all my shots - that's his "role" in the process!

    Go Cycle Sista!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home