Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Gotta Love Short Work Days

To answer Jenny's question about how I feel about doing IVF - I'm o.k. with as much as anyone can be o.k. with having to do any kind of treatment to get pregnant. I would have loved to been able to do an IUI and have it work. I can afford an IUI right now, but IVF is a little bit away. I want to save up as much as I can - but I think, in the end, we will need to borrow some of the money.

I just want to do whatever it takes to get me pregnant - and if that means, doing IVF, then I'll do it. I'm not as afraid of the needles anymore - I'm more just afraid of the cost and have it not work - which is why shared risk seems like such a good deal for us. If it doesn't work, we'll have our money back to adopt.

On a different topic, this afternoon my boss and 2nd boss took some of the department out to lunch for thanks for helping out while 2 of our coworkers are out on leave. One of my coworkers is back on Monday and I am so happy about that. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean that the temp guy that I can't stand is gone. He'll be here for a little while longer, along with the other temp (that I do like). Anyway, so we got our lunch and ate down by Lake Sammamish. We talked about quite a bit - including baby talk as my 2nd boss had her 2nd baby back in February or March (I can't remember now). Then we were told that we could leave early (thankfully, my boss told me about this possibility so I drove my car into work today), so that was nice.

As I was driving home, I thought I would go walk around Greenlake since it is so nice out. So I went home and changed and didn't think about the fact that the time I got there (around 2) would be the time that the mommy and baby parade would be going around the lake. There were so many women (only saw one man) pushing strollers - at one point, there were 8 women together with their 8 strollers. I tried to not think about it and just enjoy the walk. Toward the end though, my right side was really, really hurting like it did just after the last IUI. After I got back home, it had finally stopped hurting.

Well, that was my day today. I'm actually quite proud of myself for going walking at least 2 or so miles for the past few days. If I remember, I'm bringing my walking shoes with me to work to walk around at lunch, but if it's supposed to be 92 degrees tomorrow, I'm not so sure I'll want to go outside! We'll see.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 12:23 PM , Blogger x said...

    I'm just catching up, I was off for a few days with my transfer. I am glad to hear that you are o.k .with moving on. I know for me, I was scared shitless (for no reason). I really hope shared risk works out for you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home