Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 12, 2006

IVF Financing & Other Tidbits of Info

This cycle is taking forever! Today is CD36! I'm guessing I have around a week to go before AF shows up.

This morning after our walk/run around Greenlake, my husband and I went to a couple different banks to look into financing IVF under the shared risk program (hoping that we are accepted into the program). We're going to a third on Monday (since they only have loan people there during the week) to see what they can offer us. It's all a bit scary to me. The last thing I ever thought I would have to do was borrow money to have a baby. And I certainly don't want any more debt than I currently have with my house, car and school loans, but I don't see any other way. I can't wait forever - there is still that ticking clock to contend with. I want to try IVF before it could be too late. I know in the scheme of things, I'm only (almost) 33, so I do have some time, but I'm afraid waiting another year would only risk my FSH going too high or whatever. I just don't think I can risk it, and I know, emotionally, there is no way I could wait a year.

Anyway, to end this post I have a little funny thing to share. My husband is currently taking some classes in order to get his Bachelor's degree (in Biology), and he's taking a couple night classes in the fall while working full-time. He'll have class 4 nights a week, so he told me one day that we would never see each other*. I told him that isn't true, we'll see each other at our RE appointments! :-D There's nothing like making a baby with a husband you will probably only see (except weekends) at a doctor's office!

* So my husband, because he said we wouldn't see each other as much this fall, has decided it was finally time for him to get a cell phone so perhaps he could at least talk to me on the phone before his class or during breaks. It will be nice for him to have a cell - now we can ditch the land line! So after going to a couple banks this morning, we got him a cell phone.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 1:54 PM , Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

    I hope that your meeting with the bank goes well tomorrow! I will keep my fingers crossed that they can help you out.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home