Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Various Items

When I came into work this morning, I just felt like I was on the verge of tears. It didn't help that the last dream that I had involved my employer cutting my salary in half which made me think I won't be able to afford any treatments (or my house). I remember when the alarm went off that the last part of my dream involved me crying because now I wouldn't ever have my own children.

Then I decided to ride in the vanpool today, and I don't think that was such a great idea. It started out o.k., but they had to start talking about breastfeeding and baby registries, etc. Once again, I pull out my iPod. Not sure if I'll be in the vanpool tomorrow.

I did get some great news when I got into the office and checked my e-mail - one of the women in my support group found out her donor cycle worked! I am so happy for her. Our group finally has another success story!

Oh, and to answer a question from a few posts ago about the Hamster Egg Penetration Assay. I hadn't heard of this until about a month ago. Apparently, doctors will use hamster eggs (as apparently they are the most similar to human eggs (something like that anyway)) to test whether sperm can even penetrate the egg in order to fertilize. The woman in my group who talked about it said that those who "pass" the test are jokingly referred to as a "hamster daddy". :-D

I made the other doctor appointment with the clinic that offers shared risk. Unfortunately, they don't take my insurance, so we will have to pay $300 up front to see the doctor at this clinic. I'm wondering if this is worth it. They said that I might be able to get my insurance provider to reimburse me if my insurance normally covers consults (which they do). I'm waiting to hear back from my insurance company to see if they will reimburse. The appointment is on the 25th at 8 a.m. I wonder if my boss will get annoyed with all the doctor appointments I have!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good luck with your RE search. The risk-sharing program would be a nice perk... the top clinics here (St. Louis) don't seem to offer that.

     
  • At 6:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Too bad about the vanpool. Probably a good idea to avoid it if you can. No need to put yourself into situations where the conversation is inevitably going to revolve around all things baby. Good luck with the new clinic.

     
  • At 7:24 AM , Blogger x said...

    I worry about what my boss thinks too. Oh well, I figure they will say something if it's a problem. I would love to get into shared risk, I don't think they do it at all in Canada - good luck!

     
  • At 9:07 AM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    Ugh! I am keeping my fingers crossed for your insurance to come through!!

    And boo for the van pool.

     
  • At 7:10 AM , Blogger Debbi said...

    hey heather.. skip the vanpool on dayz you can't take it. Why put yourself thru that? Hope the insurance covers your consult for you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home