Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Vanpool Baby Talk

I'm curious - is it just me or do others get irritated by the, what seems like, constant baby talk around them? This morning, once again, my vanpool was talking about people giving birth to babies or being pregnant or whatever. I had my iPod, but I can still hear them! This talk was going on the whole way into work - which is about 1/2 hour. I want people to stop asking me if I know if my coworker has had her baby yet (turns out she hasn't)!

And vanpool girl still has another 4 months of pregnancy! If I get another negative result after the next IUI (which I hope will be at the end of this month), I don't know what I'm going to do. I want to leave the vanpool, but the cost of gas nowadays and the traffic (if I'm not able to drive in the carpool lane) keeps me in the vanpool. I really wish I lived closer to work - of course, then my husband would have the long commute.

Well, back to work.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 9:20 PM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    That stinks. The PG'ers are everywhere!

    I hear you on the traffic - Seattle traffic sucks.

     
  • At 7:52 AM , Blogger TeamWinks said...

    Sometimes it just comes out of nowhere! I used to live in DC, so I understand the need to carpool. Doesn't make it any easier though.

     
  • At 4:26 AM , Blogger ak1908 said...

    So sorry about you having to share a vanpool with pg girl. I can relate on the traffic tip since they are doing major construction on the interstate I take to work each day. My commute has gone from 30 minutes to over an hour!!! Boo to construction, boo to sharing vanpools with pg girl and boo to having to hear about every step of her pgncy.

     
  • At 10:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I absolutely hear you - its everywhere in my office too. I simply cannot escape the PG talk.

     
  • At 11:18 AM , Blogger x said...

    I can't stand being around people that won't stop talking about there kids or pg. I can't wait until it's your turn to drive the van pool nuts.

     
  • At 9:28 AM , Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

    Yes, I am irritated by the pg talk, mostly because they are usually so naive and insensitive to understand that there may be others who it's not that easy for, and don't want to hear it.

    I'm in a carpool/rideshare too - my workplace is 1 hr 10 min from my house - but I'm fortunate that it is two men who are not the "baby/pg talking type."

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home