Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Busy

No time for a mental health day, unfortunately. Things have gotten crazy at work. The coworker who's pregnant most likely had her baby today or is really close to it, and so some of the stuff she was supposed to be working on was given to me. Well, apparently, she thought what she had to do wasn't important, so she barely did anything and we do have a deadline! And the stuff she did do, she used some wrong information so I have to go back and correct that. Just UGH! Another coworker and I really think she never really did any work - she just sat at her desk all day and talked on the phone to whomever (not anyone she should be talking to). So I brought some work home with me, so I can try to get everything under control. I hate bringing my work home with me. Hopefully, I'll be able to get enough done tomorrow so I won't have to bring any of it home with me over Memorial Day weekend. I really need this long weekend.

Anyway, an interesting thing happened to me today. Another one of my coworkers has a friend who needed some paperwork notarized for an adoption she is doing in Guatemala. I'm a notary (as are many in my department), so she came to us to get her paperwork notarized. She has one child already from a surrogacy, but she really wants another child. She decided adoption was what she wanted to do. So we talked about that, and we also talked about the infertility crappiness. She went through a lot of treatments before they decided to move onto surrogacy. It was really cool to talk to her. She gave me her # in case I should want to call. She also said that if I ever go through IVF (which hopefully I won't because the next IUI will work), since she goes to Europe a lot, she would be willing to purchase the drugs over there since they are so much cheaper. That is so nice of her. I really wish we could've talked more but stupid work got in the way.

Sunday morning, I go in for an ultrasound to see what, if anything, the Clomid did this cycle. That reminds me, the coworker's friend also encouraged me to switch clinics since she feels that clinic is better (she went to the clinic I currently go to and saw the husband of the doctor I see). I've been considering switching already to the clinic I went to for the 2nd opinion as they have a great embryologist on staff, and if I do IVF, I'll want to switch to this clinic to give myself the best chance of the IVF working. I think we may continue with the current clinic at least through one more IUI cycle, then we'll probably switch over.

Well, that's all for now. I need to go get ready for bed. I've been staying up way too late the past few nights and have been dragging a lot lately. I really could use a good night's sleep.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 10:33 AM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    I can't believe you have to do the work of a coworker who is on maternity leave! That is unfair in so many ways!!!! Hopefully it won't haunt you during this weekend.

    That's such a blessing about the notary of the adoption stuff!!

    Have a good weekend! :)

     
  • At 11:55 AM , Blogger Chee Chee said...

    I am glad you were able to speak with someone who has been through infertility. I hope that she can be a resource for you.

    Good luck this Sunday.

     
  • At 1:35 PM , Blogger Donna said...

    Nothing says Sunday morning like a U/S! Sorry you have to endure that on a holiday weekend.

     
  • At 5:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Boy do I know all about coworkers on maternity leave leaving you high and dry. Hope you are able to enjoy the weekend though. I am glad that you were able to connect with someone else who could "speak" infertility, because it really does have its own language. Good luck on Sunday!

     
  • At 6:16 PM , Blogger beagle said...

    Hope you got that good night's sleep.

    The conversation with the coworkers friend sounds like a good contact!

     
  • At 10:00 AM , Blogger YouGuysKnow said...

    very cool about the co-worker who is adopting. nice to talk in person to people who have been through some stuff, isn't it? :)

     
  • At 12:23 PM , Blogger TeamWinks said...

    Grrr...nothing hurts more than having to be in the proximity of a pregnant woman, much less picking up the slack for a lazy one!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home