Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 29, 2006

Movies & Update

This weekend I got around to seeing a couple movies (the weather in Seattle was crappy, so the movie theatre seemed like a good place to go). I went to go see X-Men 3 on Saturday and The Da Vinci Code on Sunday. X-Men 3 was kinda on the boring side - it was o.k., but not great. The Da Vinci Code was good - though, as usual, they changed some things that happened in the book.

Also, on Sunday, I went to the RE's office for a CD13 ultrasound. And, of course, this month,the dominant follicle is on the right side with 2 smaller follicles nearby. The left ovary didn't feel like working, apparently, because there was nothing on that side - and that's the side I need working! So we're not doing anything this cycle - which I'm o.k. with because I'll have enough stress at work the next couple weeks, I don't need to also be sitting in the 2ww wondering if this time it will work.

Next cycle, the RE said that she suggested we try the Mayo protocol, which I think I may have mentioned before. With this protocol, I would have an ultrasound on CD 2 or 3 to check to make sure there are no cysts; then on CD 3-7, I would be on 100 mg of Clomid; on CD 8-10, I would inject one of the following: Repronex/Bravelle/Follistim; then on CD12, I would have another ultrasound to see what, if anything, is going on and if my left ovary decides to work next cycle, then we'll do the HCG trigger shot with an IUI. I am so not looking forward to all the shots, but hopefully, it will be all worth it.

After my doctor appointment, I went over to a bead store to purchase some beads for the beading party that my support group is having this week on Tuesday. We're going to make each other bracelets with beads that we picked out to represent ourselves, so that when all of us are going through cycles, we'll have this to remind us of the support we give each other. It is a really great idea. I'm looking forward to this!

Well, that's all for this weekend. Today, I haven't really doing much. I went and walked around a school track for 1/2 hour while my husband ran (he's training for a half marathon), then we came back and completed some chores. I am very much not looking forward to going back to the stress of work tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I may not be able to read too many blogs this week, but hopefully, I'm wrong and things at work will go smoothly!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 4:04 PM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    You're right - the weather is ridiculous! Today wasn't so bad - at least we didn't get soaked.

    That's exciting about the Mayo procedure. It sounds involved but promising - I'm totally going to ask my doctor about it when I go in.

    Good luck to you, and there is a certain amount of relief at not having to worry about a 2ww!

     
  • At 7:17 PM , Blogger Donna said...

    Moving on to injectibles was a huge step for us, you're doing sort of a combo protocol. It's amazing how quickly you get used to the shots. Maybe the cycle off will do you good?

     
  • At 9:23 AM , Blogger x said...

    Thanks for the heads up on the movies, my hubbie was trying to get me to see ex-men with him. Your support group sounds great - those bracelets are a fabulous idea.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home