Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, June 02, 2006

Rambling Post

I don't have anything new to report. I'm just waiting for my next cycle to start so I try the Mayo protocol. Today is CD18, so I've got a while to go yet. This wait, though not nearly as bad as the other 2ww, still seems to go on forever when you just want to get on with it already.

Things at work are as they were before - I'm completely stressed out and now we have another coworker who is leaving to go to FL because her dad is in poor health right now (I feel so bad for her), which means more work for me and a couple other of my coworkers. I hear rumors of a temp coming on Monday, so I hope that's true - but they'll still need to be trained.

The weather in Seattle (or at least here in Issaquah, WA - 15 miles outside of Seattle) is miserable. It's as if the clouds are just dumping buckets of water down onto us - and I drove into work today (instead of coming in my vanpool) so I could leave early to do thing for work. I hate driving when the rain is this heavy (I suppose I should be used to it by now since I've lived in Seattle for the past 12 1/2 years). Anyway, the weather isn't helping me find any motivation to do any work on this Friday afternoon which is why I keep rambling on with this post.

This past Wednesday, I walked around Greenlake with a friend to talk about what's going on with us. She's a friend who really tries to understand what I'm going through and really listens. I appreciate that a lot. Tonight, I'm going to dinner with another friend who also is good about listening. I do consider myself lucky to have such good friends. Oh, and the other day at support group, we each brought a bead for each other to put onto a bracelet we make for ourselves to remind each other of the support we give each other. It was a great idea - and at some point, I'll get around to taking a picture of it so everyone can see it.

I guess I did have some things to talk about. Well, I suppose my lunch hour is over and I should go do some work. Oh, the rain stopped - yay! Hopefully, it will stay that way!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 7:19 PM , Blogger Donna said...

    I grew up in Vancouver, so I feel your pain about the rain. Hell, the Bay Area had it's wettest March on record for chrissakes. The weather definitely impacts our mood, not to mention our hair. Hang in there. We're going to see the Da Vinci Code tomorrow, I don't care what the critics say! I've been to Paris and I want to be able to annoy the crap out of everyone around by saying, "Hey, we've been there!" every five minutes.

     
  • At 1:01 PM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    Heather - lol - the rain yesterday was NUTS and we had the worst pileup on the freeway near us.

    I'm so glad you have the support of a group. That must really help. I'm really pulling for you!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home