Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 18, 2006

That Reminds Me

I was reading a post by Sunnie about getting no condolences from the RE's office after a negative IUI and having a breakdown at work. And it just reminds me that I felt the same exact way with my RE's office the other day when they called to switch the time of my appointment today and not only that to switch who I was seeing. I didn't get any sympathy from them when they called and not much even today. All I need is a simple "sorry, it didn't work". Which reminds me that when I told my whole group of friends about the IUI and that it failed, all of my girlfriends were there with their condolences, but none of my guy friends said a word. I know, guys just respond in different ways, but still!

Then I get into work this morning and I thought I was doing o.k., but one simple thing just caused the tears to come rushing out. I rushed to the bathroom and hid out in there for a while until I could control myself. This whole infertility thing just sucks. I am just so ready for it to be over with, but I'm not ready to give up yet. I can't continue to keep having these breakdowns at work either!

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At 4:53 PM , Blogger GLouise said...

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! i will check yours out. Best wishes on this journey!

     
  • At 2:57 PM , Blogger x said...

    "ready for it to be over with, but not ready to give up" - you put it perfectly!

     
  • At 8:09 PM , Blogger Family Ties said...

    Heather...I am thinking of you...

     
  • At 8:04 AM , Blogger beagle said...

    No matter how insensitive the rest of the world is, you know we are all very sorry it didn't work.

    This whole business just sucks.

     
  • At 9:07 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

    Everyone else out there who doesn't know how IF feels is bound to be insensitive, but I am surprised about your RE's office. That is really too bad.

    As Beagle put it, we all feel for you and know how hard it is.

    Take care.

     
  • At 9:22 AM , Blogger ak1908 said...

    So sorry the cycle wasn't successful. I'm right there with you. Thanks for the encouraging words. It looks like we are cycle buds again. Keep me posted. (((hugs))))

     
  • At 5:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow - been there quite a few times - in fact my coworkers must think I am pregnant with as much time as I spend in the bathroom; if they only knew I was trying to compose myself.

    "ready for it to be over with, but not ready to give up" - with you 100% there.

     
  • At 9:29 AM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    Oh, I'm so sorry about that. It's hard to think they can be so clueless in those offices when they should know a little sympathy goes a long way.

    Thinking of you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home