Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Time to go back on that rollercoaster

Well, today is CD1. I wasn't expecting a different result - I wasn't thinking I could actually could pregnant this past cycle, but even so, it's still disappointing to see AF show up...again!

At least, there wasn't any annoying pregnancy talk this morning. Yesterday, when I had forgotten to charge my iPod after my trip to Spokane this past weekend, I had to endure talk of maternity leave and wanting to be at home with the baby for as long as possible. For some women, this talk doesn't bother me, but with this person, it drives me crazy. I think it's because she didn't even have to try to get pregnant - well, at least not as long as me - it took her 6 months.

And also, I went to a birthday party for my niece who turned 4 on Sunday, and there was a woman there who had a 7 month old. Totally adorable baby - I just want an adorable baby of my own!

Oh, and I went to go visit my grandmother and she actually told me a story of a female newscaster in Spokane who was adopting a child from China who, surprise, got pregnant after starting the adoption process! So that's all I need to do! UGH! I thought I had set her straight the last time she said this, but I guess not. I didn't even try to ask her if I could borrow $$$ for IVF because she just made it sound like I'll get pregnant with no problems if I "just adopt" or "just relax"! UGH!!!!!!!! She was surprised, though, at the cost involved and at the long process involved with adopting. Maybe I got through to her this time. Maybe, but probably not.

Anyway, I'm going in tomorrow to the doctor's office for an ultrasound. Then I'll start with the Mayo protocol. I really hope that third time's the charm.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:57 AM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    Heather - I'm so sorry! I know, even when you're pretty sure you aren't pregnant, it's still a disappointment to see AF arrive.

    Good luck with your new protocol!

     
  • At 10:38 AM , Blogger x said...

    I hope the new protocol yeilds better results. Get that ipod charged - anything to drown out the mat. leave conversations.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home