Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Overnight

This past Saturday we took all 3 kids to stay at their grandma and grandpa's house overnight. Jon and I went to a wedding then come home close to midnight so that we could sleep in a little. Did I end up getting a good night's rest that night? Nope, not at all. I kept waking up and ended up getting up for good at 8 a.m. - which is a little sleeping in but it wasn't a restful sleeping in like I had hoped. Oh well, I did get to finish my book club book though before going to get the kids so that was good.

As for the kids,they did great. There was no crying whatsoever when we left and they asked when they could come back so I have a feeling we can try this again - maybe just on a night when Jon and I want to go out to dinner or something though. We'll see.

This night also marked Nicholas' first time outside his crib. We have been waiting on the railing to come for his crib so he hasn't transitioned to a toddler bed yet. Honestly, I'm not looking forward to it as it will mean some falling out of bed in the middle of the night and some getting out of bed. I just don't know if I want to have another child getting out of his bed all the time. But I know we should transition him and we will once that part comes!

While at grandma and grandpa's, they watched Toy Story (finally - so now they know who Woody and Buzz Lightyear are), the twins got their toes painted with nail polish by their Aunt, and went to the park and colored. It seemed to be a fun time.

The wedding was also fun for us and it was great to meet some new people due to the wedding. I went to the bachelorette party and met the bridesmaids and others on the bride's side of the aisle. The party was at Chopstix which is a great place! I want to go there for my birthday, I think. And the wedding was at the Museum of Flight. The museum looks rather cool at night with the lights shining on the planes.

Well, anyway, that's all for now. Next time - swim class!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home