Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 15, 2010

Books & Cute Kid Stuff

I'm currently reading book #58 (thanks to goodreads for helping me keep track). My goal for this year was to read 52 books in a year and I've surpassed that - yay me!
Now I'm trying to decide what my goal for next year should be (at least when it comes to books). I'm thinking of possibly reading some of the classics that I haven't read before - maybe 10 classics next year - seems doable. But I've also thought I should just go ahead and read some series I haven't read yet or finish series I haven't done yet - for example, The Time books by Madeleine L'Engle (which might cover classics and series) and the rest of the In Death books by J.D. Robb and a few other series I've been meaning to read. Decisions, decisions.

Any book suggestions out there? My book club is almost ready to select books for next year's list so I'm looking for ideas. I have a couple that I think might be good book club picks. Up next in the book club is "The Thirteenth Tale" by Diane Setterfield. Then "Never Let Me Go" by Kazuo Ishiguro.

This morning, I answer my phone and on the other end is Benjamin singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", then Ella gets on the phone and sings a song that Jon wrote that goes "There, there, mommy. Wonderful mommy. Intelligent, strong, mommy. You are good girl and we're proud of you. We love you mommy" It actually started when the twins were babies in a way to calm them down, so instead of mommy, it would be Ella or Benjamin or Nicholas, but the twins have since added mommy and papa into the mix.

Not a cute story, but will share anyway - Nicholas was playing with Jon this a.m. and fell and got yet another bloody nose. I swear that kid will be the child that gets hurt the most in his effort to keep up with his siblings. Did I mention that Nicholas feel about 3 or so feet off a playground toy to the wood chipped ground below. That was not a fun experience for any of us.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home