Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday

Aww, Sunday. Otherwise known as the day before I have to go back to work.

The children are napping. I just got finished cleaning most of the bathroom - the tub still needs to be cleaned. Working on cleaning some laundry - a big pile up as usual. Maybe even bigger than usual since we are trying to get the twins to not use pull-ups at all which results in some poo accidents (pee for Benjamin too). For naptime, I went ahead and let Ella have a pull-up though I probably shouldn't have. Jon is staying home with the kids all week since our daycare is closed and so he is going to try to get the kids to be better at going to the potty. I just don't know if it will work - Ella is afraid of going poo on the potty. She'll go pee, not poo. Benjamin just is rather stubborn when it comes to potty training. He was doing really well until we went over to Spokane one weekend for my aunt's memorial and since then, I feel like we went straight back to the beginning and haven't made any progress since...though the daycare says he is doing well there - just not at home. I don't understand why. I guess they feel like they can get away with more with us maybe?

I don't know - it is just completely frustrating and I feel bad that Jon has to be the one to do this all by himself this week. My work won't allow me to take time off during this month except Thanksgiving so I can't help him. How do we know we are doing the right thing? Are we making the right decision or are we going to cause the kids to get really constipated by not allowing them to use a pull-up? I wish I knew what the right thing to do here is and what I can do to encourage the kids to go on the potty. We tried a "big kid party" on Saturday night and I'm pretty sure that didn't work at all.

Potty training really, really sucks and I hope that other parents out there have a better time with it than we are.

Anyway - this wasn't the post I had thought I was going to write today so I'll try to write that one tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 10:40 PM , Anonymous :-jon said...

    yeah...the whole potty training thing has me feeling like a failure of a parent.

    All those stupid "how to potty train your 16 month old in 3 days" type books!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home