Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 13, 2009

A long overdue update

Nicholas

At about 5 weeks, Nicholas has been giving me huge grins when he sees me. It just makes my heart melt! It is so adorable and then he follows it up with some cooing - so incredibly cute! I tried to take pictures today of his smile, but I'm not sure if they turned out. I'll upload as soon as possible.

This little guy loves to be snuggled or wrapped up. I tried to have him sleep in his own bed last night and it didn't work. He wanted to be with someone. Jon ended up taking him upstairs and somehow got him to sleep not right next to him but just near him. During the day, he loves to snuggle and he likes the swing - so much so that I wonder if I'm making it so he'll only sleep when snuggled or in the swing. In a little while, I am going to attempt to try to get him to take his naps in the co-sleeper - wish me luck.

Benjamin

This little guy has started to say so many new words that it's hard to keep up with the new ones he's said. He has told me lately that he's stuck (when in his high chair) or he wants a rock or one day he told me wanted to get up (he said "mommy, I want to get up"). Other words include saying anything starting with a b with two b's - for example "b-bye", "b-ball", "b-book" "b-block", and, of course, "b-baby".

Ella

She's saying more words, but not as much as Benjamin. However, she seems to recognize pictures more than Benjamin. If you ask her to find the block with the elephant or the kitty or the tree, she can find it. I think that is because Benjamin wasn't really into reading books and asking what something is until recently whereas Ella has been doing that for a while. She is starting to repeat more words lately.

Lessons learned - do not change routine on a child or you will have cranky toddler central. They took their nap way later than usual yesterday and it was cranky time the whole rest of the day.

Do not leave toddler with baby even for a moment as toddlers like to put pacifier into baby's mouth even while sleeping. Or they like to rock the swing a little more than is necessary. I moved the swing to where I could see it after that.

Other - breastfeeding is going well...so well that our freezer is pretty much breast milk. We have no room for other foods in there - at least, not much.

I learned last night that my dad is going to have gall bladder surgery soon. I hope that goes well.

I'll be returning to work on June 10 and work that day and the 11th and take that Friday off as it is Ben & Ella's 2nd birthday. Unbelievable how fast time flies! Then the following week, it will be back to full time. I certainly don't want to go back to work because I'm not that fond of my job, but at the same time, it would be nice if I could just work a couple days a week and that was it. I think that's all I need to feel sane. The rest of the time, I'd like to spend with my kids. Speaking of, the twins do go to daycare for a few hours a day. Someone asked me why I'm doing this - there are a few reasons - the main two are to be able to bond with Nicholas and the other is preserve some part of my sanity. Just a few hours alone with all 3 can be a strain on my sanity - I'm sure those with toddlers understand. I feel guilty all the time with doing this - I feel like I should have them home with me more, but this is working for us right now, so this is what we're doing.

Anyway, that's all for now. I am really going to try to blog more so I don't keep having these long posts.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 10:42 AM , Anonymous :-jon said...

    another few reasons for toddlers still going to daycare

    To keep them in the routine

    To keep them socializing with their friends

    And I'm guessing it is a lot easier to pump without two toddlers running around.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home