Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, March 27, 2009

Dr. Visits & other news

I took Benjamin to the doctor yesterday a.m. and I was told to just continue giving him a bunch of fruits and veggies like we've been doing and that doesn't seem to be working, then we can try some mineral oil prescription. If that doesn't work, then we need to bring him in. At first, I thought he was doing better by limiting the amount of milk he's had (though the doctor didn't seem to think this was the issue), but now I'm not so sure. I'd rather not have to give him the prescription.

Later on in the afternoon, Jon and I took Nicholas in to see the pediatric urologist who said that we need to wait until Nicholas is 9 months old before they'll (maybe) do the circumcision. They'll have to put him under general anesthesia to do it too, which the doctor says freaks out parents (and it does freak me out to have my 9 month old put under). It's not a big deal - the doctor just wants to wait until he's older.

In other news, this morning, I heard Ella say "bye, see you" when Jon left for work and then again when I took them to preschool/daycare and she said that to my mom. So cute. And Benjamin said "cow" though it sounds like "dow".

Today, we visited Jon's work thinking that we were crashing one of his coworker's birthday lunch, but she ended up being sick so it was just us. It was nice though because we got to have lunch with Jon and Aqua Verde is yummy.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congrats on the arrival of your new little one!

     
  • At 6:18 PM , Blogger Kerry Lynn said...

    The same thing happened with Jackson's circumcision. I whole heartedly believe they have come up with this new protocol in the hopes that parents will just say they won't get it done at all.
    Not only that but they scared us with the whole no insurance will cover it.
    I don't know if you remember my post about how we handled the situation but I would definitely recommend it! http://klg221.blogspot.com/2007/07/jewish-jackson.html

     
  • At 9:05 PM , Blogger seattlegal said...

    Hi Kerry Lynn - my situation is a bit different from yours. The reason that we have to use general anesthesia is because they can't do the circ until he is 9 months old b/c of the reasons given to us (not sure if I should spell out what the issue is) and b/c he'll be 9 months, they can't have him moving all around so just numbing cream won't do. It does seem like not doing the circ is what a lot of people are doing these days. Thankfully, my insurance does cover it (though Jon's does not).

     
  • At 6:48 PM , Blogger ak1908 said...

    Congrats on Nicholas' arrival!!! I loved reading your birth story and the humor you added!

    I was wondering why Nicholas hadn't been circumcized yet. Marshall wasn't circumcized until he was 9 months due to a minor abnormality with his genitalia. Just wondering if your son has the same thing. Let me know if you want any coping strategies for the surgery as it was quite scary for us as well. All turned out fine!!!

    knox1908 AT hotmail DOT com

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home