Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Pregnancy Talk - Week 26

One of the ladies in my vanpool had her 1st child over the weekend - she named her baby boy Alexander, which is one of the names that we had thought we might name our son but he chose (and it suit him better) Benjamin. It was funny because one of the other ladies asked whether it was a boy or a girl. Umm, we've discussed this numerous times since she found out what she was having about 20 weeks or so ago. I wonder if people in my van just don't pay attention to each other or they have poor memory.

Anyway, it got me to wondering about the birth of our third child. I am wanting to try the "natural" or vaginal delivery, so I will be disappointed if I don't even get to try (I know that sounds a little strange to some). I am looking forward to it and we don't have much longer to go.

(Side note - I was just talking to this individual in our eastern offices and he said to me "is this your first?" and I said "no, I have twins" and he said "I thought this was feeling like deja vu". Thankfully, though, this pregnancy just has one child. I don't think I could handle taking care of twin infants again.)

Anyway, I hope that I am able to deliver vaginally. I hope that this baby will get into the right position for that. Sometimes, I think this baby is laying across my belly right now - at least, it seems that way when the baby moves. I hope my OB does an ultrasound at my next appointment in 2 1/2 weeks.

I do feel the baby move quite a bit - especially, it seems, when I have a full bladder. I guess he/she doesn't like that too much? It's always fun to see my belly move a little bit. The other day, my husband was able to see it. I was trying to get Ben & Ella to put their hand on my belly but they didn't seem to be interested nor understand why I was asking them to do that. They thought it was to tickle my belly button like we do to them.

In other news, I bought a Bella Band the other day in place of buying new maternity pants. So far, they seem to be working o.k. with a couple of my pants, but it doesn't seem to work well with the lower waisted pants - at least, not for me.

I think we narrowed down the names for the boy to two different names (though one is near the top of the list), now we just need to figure out the two girl names. I'm finding it more difficult to find girl names I really like, and that's probably what we're going to have just because I'm having a difficult time with it!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 3:45 AM , Blogger Heather said...

    I'll have to check out the Bella Band. Since this pregnancy is twins and it's not my first, I'm popping out early. People have noticed already. It's funny. Good luck in the upcoming weeks and I understand what you mean by wanting to try a vaginal birth. I'm concerned I won't be able to with twins. I had a natural delivery with our daughter (in the hospital) and I'd like to go as drug-free as possible. I'm really not looking forward to an epidural. I'm a bit of a control freak.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home