Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 25, 2008

Falling Down

So I thought I would mention the little tumbles that Ben & Ella have had recently. They are actually more than little tumbles, I think.

First, the first night I’m back from Vegas, we are all out on the deck and in our yard playing. Ella thinks she can just go down the steps to the yard all by herself. I didn’t get to her in time and she tumbles down the steps – well, just one step – and faceplanted on that step. My poor little girl. She got a scrape on her nose, but that appears to be all of her injuries. I missed grabbing her by a split second. I’m glad it wasn’t much worse. You would think she might remember this incident and not go down the steps again the same way, but no.

Then Saturday night, when we had company over, Benjamin fell on the deck (not exactly sure what happened as I was trying to keep an eye on Ella). He bit his top lip and that started to bleed, and he also had a scraped up chin. I’ve never heard him scream so hard. My poor guy.

Things like this happen so quickly. My poor kids – and I’m sure, because they are kids, there is more to come.

In other news, it looks like Benjamin is starting with some separation anxiety. He apparently screamed when Jon took Ella out to the car first this morning. He doesn’t really like it when I bring him in first in the evening, then I go get Ella. But if I bring Ella in first, she screams even harder. It’s a no-win situation. I’ll have one child or the other screaming right by the door because they think they were left. It will be easier when I can trust them both to stay near the car and walk up (and down) the steps all by themselves and we can all go in the house together. Hopefully, that happens before # 3 arrives.

Speaking of #3, my husband doesn’t want to know the sex of this baby so it looks like we’ll be surprised in March. I have to say part of me is excited about not knowing and another part me knows I won’t be able to stand the wait (and well, it would be nice to know what type of clothes I should be buying since we gave away about 99% percent of the clothing we had). A support group friend said she would pass along some clothes she has since she also didn’t want to know the sex of the baby until birth, so she has a bunch of unisex stuff.

So I did tell my support group yesterday and so far have received wonderful responses. They are a wonderful group of women. I have only 3 in the group I haven’t heard from. I might tell my vanpool this afternoon – we’ll see.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM , Blogger Jaimie said...

    It is understandable why you got rid of all the clothes, but so sad since you had everything you needed. Oh well, at least the sizes they stay in longer will still be around! It is hard to get neutral items. I know there are some, but not a lot. I told my husband if we ever have a girl she will be wearing a lot of blue because I just can't bring myself to buy a whole new baby wardrobe!

     
  • At 8:51 AM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    Oh my gosh, Rose takes so many spills, too! It seems like she is always with a scrape or bruise somewhere. Right now, it's her shins for some reason. She looks like she's been playing soccer w/her brothers! lol
    Glad all is well in the PG dept!!!

     
  • At 1:17 PM , Blogger Hannah said...

    Hi,
    I'm new to this whole thing. Just stumbled onto your blog while surfing. That is really incredible that you got pregnant on your own!! I've heard that can be common, though. Well, good luck!! Oh, and by the way, my kids are always banged up from taking spills. It is normal!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home