Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Babies & Parking

I got an e-mail today saying my babies are 35 weeks as of yesterday. Huh - I was pregnant for 35 weeks. My babies have been out in this world a day longer than I was pregnant with them.

I came across something today in which people were complaining about seemingly non-disabled persons parking in disabled parking spots. I guess some people don't realize that sometimes the disability isn't readily seen. Anyway, I bring it up because someone then commented that parking for pregnang women (aka stork parking) should go away. I don't see stork parking in too many places, and I didn't use that parking until I was further along in my pregnancy. Sure, I joked about using it when I had just found out I was pregnant, but I wasn't going to use it since I had no problems walking. However, later on in the pregnancy, it became hard to walk around. I remember going to IKEA once and holy crap, was that a bad idea. I had to rest so often. So, I'm thinking this person has never been pregnant.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 5:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah, I have some issues with this as well. My sister had a disabled permit for the last couple years of her life. Her problems weren't readily seen, but boy did she need it. She had several instances of people coming up to lecture/yell at her about using the permit when she "obviously" wasn't disabled. It was really the last thing she needed.

    That said, some people *do* use it illegally. That should be more the issue though.

    Re: stork parking. I don't see a problem with it, and I barely see it. Most people seem to use it reasonably. I've known some pregnant women who got disability permits near the end of their pregnancy as well, so that is a possibility. Then, there are some pregnant women who are very active and not tired right up until the very end. It seems to hit them all so differently.

     
  • At 9:56 AM , Blogger KeDaCoMo said...

    You know it is not until you walk in someone else's shoes before you can judge them. Some disabilities are not seen. For example with back problems. No one can see the pain you are in, b/c for the most part you can play it off that you are okay, but really you are in tremendous pain.

    Our local grocery store has a 'with small kids' parking space. I don't use it so much now b/c my kids walk, but when they were in the carriers, these parking spaces were nice. I didn't have to walk to far with carrying that thing.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home