Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekend, Cute Stories, and a Question

This weekend we were quite busy – at least, it felt like it. On Saturday, we went to our caucus to place our vote for the presidential candidate. I had voted many times sine I turned 18, but this was the first time I had actually gone to a caucus. Since the caucus vote was the only vote the Democrats were using to select delegates, we thought it was important to go. I had thought about being a delegate but there was some confusion as to what dates the delegates had to be available for the next step. It’s a good thing I didn’t end up being a delegate because I forgot we’re going to a wedding that day!

Anyway, a lady there took some pictures of us at the caucus that I put onto my flickr site if you’d like to see them. Benjamin and Ella were well-behaved, as usual. Benjamin fell asleep. Ella did not because the caucus is just like a big party! After the caucus, we really didn’t do much other than play with the babies and do some chores.

On Sunday, a friend of ours was singing with a church choir up in Edmonds, so we went to the church service, then we went out to brunch. Benjamin and Ella were again well-behaved and again, Benjamin fell asleep. Ella played with her toys. She would get bored with one, then move onto the other. It’s unfortunate that we only had 4 toys that we brought with us, but she still was a good girl throughout the service. She eventually fell asleep at the restaurant, as did Benjamin.

Some cute stories to share – Ella is now copying Jon with “peek-a-boo”. Last night, she saw her papa put a blanket in front of himself and say “where’s papa?”, then pull down the blanket to say “there he is!” She then got the blanket, pulled it up over her head while we said “where’s ella?”, then she pulled it down and we said “there she is!” and she laughed. SO CUTE. She did that many times.

Jon also told me that they were copying him when he was banging two of their toys together. Oh, and both of them will dance sometimes when we sing songs. Ella will sway side to side while Benjamin will go back and forth. Benjamin also has been saying a lot of different “words” lately. I so wish I knew what he was saying, especially when he’s all fussy and saying his new words. I just say in a sympathetic tone, “I know sweetie.”

I think that’s all the news I have…I do have one question though – when did your child first get his or her first tooth? Benjamin and Ella are 8 months tomorrow but they still don’t have any teeth – they drool like crazy and have been for some time now so I thought they would have had teeth by now.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 5:33 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

    I think Dylan got his first two bottom middle teeth right around five months old. But, he didn't get any other teeth until around eight or nine months old, and they always always always showed up in pairs. It was weird.

     
  • At 10:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have a friend who got her first tooth sometime between 18 months and 2 years. (I just confirmed with her.) She didn't start losing them until 3rd grade or so. She said it was great because of the no cavity worry thing.

    She's otherwise a very normal person. :-)

     
  • At 4:11 PM , Blogger Kerry Lynn said...

    Jackson still doesn't have any teeth and he'll be 11 months in a few days. Madison has her 8th one coming in!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home