Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 25, 2008

A 2007 Meme

Saw this on another blog and felt the need to do it too...

1) What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?

Gave birth to 2 babies. Lived in a hospital for 5 weeks 2 days.

2) Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I made any for 2007.

3) Did anyone close to you give birth in 2007?
Yes. Me and most of my support group.

4)Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5) What countries did you visit?
I did not have a chance for any world travel in 2007, and most likely, not for a while to come.

6) What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Another car. A clean house.

7) What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Feb. 12 - the day we found out we were having a boy and a girl
May 9 - the day I entered the hospital for my 5 week stay
June 12 - the day the babies were born
June 15 - the day I finally got to come home and I got to come home with my babies
Sept. 24 - the day I started working again (it's also the same day my grandfather died in 2004)

8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Becoming a mother to two wonderful babies.

9) Did you suffer illness or injury?
Umm - just recovered from a C-section. That's all I can think of.

10) What was the best thing you bought?
Hmm. I can't think of anything I bought in 2007 that I can say was the best thing. Baby stuff maybe b/c it meant I was having babies!

11) Whose behavior merited celebration?
Anyone that came to help us out after the babies were born. Anyone who came to visit me in the hospital. Anyone who helped us put the nursery together. Anyone who brought us meals in the weeks after we came home from the hospital.

12) Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I can't think of anyone.

13) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Having the babies. Being able to go home after 5 weeks in the hospital. Seeing my babies on the ultrasound.

14) What song will always remind you of 2007?
Umbrella by Rihanna. I heard this song many times, but one time in particular I remember. Jon and I had selected our two girl names we were thinking of naming our daughter, but I wasn't sure which one to use (though, of course, she "chose" her own name). While in the hospital, I was watching The Today Show and Rihanna came on to sing this song and if you read the lyrics, you might understand why I took it as a sign that our daughter should be named Ella.

15) Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder, b) thinner or fatter, and c) richer or poorer?
a) Happier, but definitely more tired. Exhausted really.
b) Thinner in that I'm not carrying twins around.
c) I'm making more, but I feel poorer b/c we have to pay for daycare.

16) What do you wish you’d done more of?
Read more books while in the hospital.

17) What do you wish you’d done less of?
Watched less crap tv while in the hospital.

18) How did you spend Christmas?
With my husband, babies, kitties and Jon's parents and sister, Tanya. We were at my house.

19) Did you fall in love in 2007?
Yes, with our twins.

20) What was your favorite TV program?
Heroes

21) What was the best book you read?
The final Harry Potter book. I didn't read too much last year.

22) What was your greatest musical discovery this year?
Hmm. I don't know if I've made any.

23) What did you want and get?
Two wonderful babies.

24) What did you want and not get?
Another car. More time at home with Ella & Benjamin.

25) What was your favorite film of the year?
Hmm. I liked Stardust a lot. Harry Potter was good too.

26) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had some friends over and one day following my birthday, my mother-in-law and sister-in-law came to watch the twins so I could have a day to relax - I went and had a massage, lunch with Jon, and did some shopping. I turned 34.


27) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Like the person whose blog I took this from, more time alone with my husband. An occassional date night would be good - but we need to find someone to watch the babies and I hate to ask.

At the same time, more time at home with my babies. Working part-time would be nice.

28) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Hmm, that's funny. I wore pregnancy clothes for the first half of 2007, along with some lovely hospital gowns. Then after that - whatever fit and was comfy.

29) What kept you sane?
My mother-in-law visiting every Wednesday when I was at home with the twins.

30) What political issue stirred you the most this year?
Hmm. I don't know. I can't say I kept up with politics too much last year. I'm starting to get back into the swing of things, especially since the presidential election is this year.

31) Who did you miss?
I guess I miss seeing my family more - we haven't gone to Spokane nearly as much as we used to. I haven't been there since April 2007 and before that, it had been a while, I think.

32) Who was the best new person you met in 2007?
Other than my children? I can't think of one specific person. Some great people I met in 2007 are: All the babies born to my support group buddies; all the couples in my childbirth classes; and, of course, it was great to meet Nickie and Carol (though I think I met Nickie in late 2006). I'd love to get together again sometime!


33) What valuable lesson have you learned in 2007?
Trust that you know what to do.

34) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"They didn't have you where I come from
Never knew the best was yet to come
Life began when I saw your face
And I hear your laugh like a serenade

How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up

I slip in bed when you're asleep
To hold you close and feel your breath on me
Tomorrow there'll be so much to do
So tonight I'll drift in a dream with you

How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up

As you wander through this troubled world
In search of all things beautiful
You can close your eyes when you're miles away
And hear my voice like a serenade

How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up

How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up
Is forever enough"

Lullaby by Dixie Chicks

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home