Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 28, 2008

Baby Updates

In exciting news, Ella is getting even closer to crawling. She got up on her hands and knees several times over the weekend. She even got up on her hands and feet to have her butt sticking up in the air. We really need to get our act together now since it seems crawling for her is just around the corner. She first did it early Saturday morning and, of course, Jon was out the room both times she got herself up. However, he saw her do it later on that day. I still haven’t managed to get it onto film though. She keeps going down on her tummy each time I get the camera ready. She seems to know what the camera is for because several times when I brought it out, she started to smile. That reminded me of my niece, Morgan, who is all smiles and poses every time a camera is pointed at her. Funny!

Benjamin is getting really good at sitting on his own. He still takes a tumble now and then (but thanks to our new rug, it’s a bit of a softer landing). The other day, I was clapping and singing to them and Benjamin was looking at me clapping and he started to clap himself! I was so excited, but he wouldn’t do it again when Jon was in the room. He still loves to sing and talk loudly. I managed to get a little bit of it on film if I ever put anything on youtube again! Ella is even starting to get into the singing/talking.

We went over to a friend’s house on Saturday night with a couple other friends. The friend who invited us over is pregnant with her 4th child. I told her already that although I’m excited for her, I can’t help but be jealous of how quickly and easily (at least to me), not to mention without coughing up a bunch of money, she got pregnant. I wonder if that jealously will ever go away or is it something that will always be there because of having gone through infertility? I would love to have another child someday. I would love to be pregnant again – and this time, without as much worry as before…who am I kidding? I’d still be nervous that my body would fail me, and I’d lose the baby.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 4:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Isnt it amazing how much babies accomplish in their first year of life? My DD is 16 months old and she still continually amazes me with her new tricks everyday. I know what you mean about the pain of infertility staying with u forever. I have gone through it too to get my DD :) I just pray that the 2nd time around, I can actually enjoy being pregnant. I think we deserve that after the infertility hell. :)

     
  • At 11:01 AM , Blogger Emmie said...

    I'm glad to hear you all are doing so well! I know what you mean about being jealous of people who get pregnant easily. I don't think I'll ever totally get over that.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home