Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, November 16, 2007

Weekend Plans

Tomorrow, I plan to try to go to a multiples group support meeting in the morning. I'm trying to meet new people, and this seems like a good way to do so. And it will be nice to talk to other twin moms about developmental stages and what not. Should I take into account that they were born at 35 weeks when thinking of developmental stages?

Later in the day tomorrow, Jon and I are taking Benjamin and Ella to meet Santa for the first time. My employer has this event every year - or I should say the employee group does. A question - I always thought when I had kids, I would let them know about Santa but tell them it's a fictional character that is a symbol of the joy of the holiday. But I don't know now - do I let them believe in Santa and then later, they find out it was just mom and dad giving the gifts the whole time? I mean - all of us know that Santa is a fictional character in my family but when I hosted Christmas last year, I still had gifts from Santa.

This question is a small question on the scheme of things, but it's a question I have nonetheless.

Only 3 more hours left to go before I can leave here and some time with Benjamin and Ella! Hopefully, I get to the daycare well before 6 this time (last night, we left here at 4:35 and I got to the day care at 5:55 - way too long of a commute - I'm thinking I should have voted differently on the transportation issue we voted on this month).

One last thing before I go - seriously, who made that comment the other day? Just tell me who you are - person I know IRL or stupid troll?

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 3:26 PM , Blogger KeDaCoMo said...

    I think you should let your kids believe in santa. My kids, minus K and D, still beleive in santa. I mean there is so little good things in the world. it is nice to have a little magic there still, you know? and plus it is a great way to get your kids to behave around christmas by telling that santa won't come unless they are good.

     
  • At 4:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I grew up not believing in Santa and still got presents. But all my friend believed and I never said anything. However before my husband and I had kids, he made it very clear how strongly he felt about the kids believing in Santa(until they chose not to). And seeing how strong he felt I never argued. My mother once threatened to tell our oldest and my husband said it would be the last thing she said to her if she did. So I know he was serious. Now that our oldest is 5 I am very glad we didn't tell them he's fictional. She looks forward to it...and I get so much pleasure from it. And making up reasons how and why Santa can get in the house and do his job...its so much fun. The spirit of Christmas is what Santa is. And as for the lying and feeling betrayed...my husband and no one else I knew about ever felt betrayed for more than a minute...if that. And as a parent...we make up "half truths" occasinally anyway for their benefit. "Why is the sky blue, why do I have to eat my veggies, where do babies come from(stork)" So its just one of those parental things. Just like there's no Jack Frost to nip at your nose...

    My middle child is so excited about Christmas and Santa this eyar too. She doesn't quite understand the whole "how he comes to bring you gifts" but she does understand that Santa brings gifts...and thats all that matters to her. Santa brings gifts, and our job as parents is to teach them how to give gifts.

    A

     
  • At 4:20 PM , Blogger OHN said...

    What a horrible commute. I would lose my mind (that being said, I have a commute of about 50 feet:)

    As for Santa...we always let ours believe till some punk on the bus would ruin it. One thing I would suggest though is having a set number of gifts and sticking to it. I really regret going overboard and now I feel like I am expected to do more (thought that is all in MY head..they have never complained:)

    As for the troll....could it be one of hubby's friends asking for him to come out and play?

     
  • At 8:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think it would be fun again to have someone that does beleive in Santa because it is so much fun to see there little faces when they see the presents from Santa. I would agree that you need to limit the amount of presents or it can be ridiculously expensive. As you know with the "present's" that your brothers want etc. As far as the developmental stages yes you do need to take into account that they were born at 35 weeks and not full term. I wish we could come over for the holidays but I just have the one day off too for Thanksgiving and I don't know what your dad is working around Christmas. You will have to send us some videos and pictures I guess. Love and kisses MOOMA

     
  • At 9:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My children have always been in on the Santa (Easter Bunny, etc…) secret. My husband and I felt that it was important. I’m very happy about our decision. Feel free to email me if you want to know more about our experiences.

     
  • At 6:20 AM , Blogger TeamWinks said...

    I'm all for believing in Santa. I still believe he's real! ;-) In short, I agree with the other women.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home