Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Car Seat Question

Lately, I've been looking at car seats as Benjamin is nearing the end of the time he can fit into the infant car seat and some places are having sales after Thanksgiving, so that seems like a good time to buy! Anyway, I've narrowed it down to a few that seem alright - we just to try them out in our car to see which one fits best. The question Jon asked me last night and what I've been wondering about myself for a while. How are we supposed to carry the babies from our car into the day care when they aren't in the infant car seats anymore and they're not yet walking? Picking them up seems like it would be less of an issue since someone at the day care can help me take the babies out to the car since my babies are the last to leave, but what about drop of when there are other kids there? We certainly don't want to leave one baby in the car...

Labels:

10 Comments:

  • At 12:57 PM , Blogger bitterkat said...

    What about getting a cheapo umbrella stroller (or two)? For drop off Jon could put one baby in a stroller (and hang a diaper bag on a handle) and carry the other baby on his hip. I loved my umbrella stroller because I could use it in just about any situation and it was a snap to pop open and closed, even one handed. Very convenient. Not the most comfortable I'm sure but great for quick transport needs.

     
  • At 1:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hmmm? I dont know how to help you here. I always had one old enough to walk while getting the baby out. I think the stroller idea sounds good?

    trina

     
  • At 1:34 PM , Blogger seattlegal said...

    the only problem with the stroller idea (though I had thought of that) is that the day care has a bunch of steps leading to the front door, but I guess the baby in the stroller would be close by so we could hand off the baby in our arms to the caregiver then go back down the stairs to get the other baby.

    It will be much easier when they can both walk.

     
  • At 1:42 PM , Blogger KeDaCoMo said...

    I seem to remember my kids being in the carrier carseat longer than 6 months. I thought that they were at least 9 months before they grew out of it. But I could be wrong. That was forever ago. But I do know that when one of them fell asleep, I would have to leave one in the car while getting the other. I dont know if I would do that at the daycare, but at home you could bring one in the house quickly and then go and get the other. You will just have to find what can work for you. Sorry I cant be more help.

     
  • At 1:43 PM , Blogger bitterkat said...

    You guys are more than welcome to borrow my backpack if you'd like. It's like this one: http://www.rei.com/product/705792?vcat=REI_SSHP_KIDS_CLOTHING_TOC

    Only a little older. ;-)

     
  • At 2:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Bummer...the Graco SafeSeat infant seat goes up to 30lbs and 32". Barring that, why can't you just put one under each arm? That's what I always did.

     
  • At 5:21 PM , Blogger Caba said...

    Awesome question ... I'm reading the comments for answers as we need to figure this out as well!

     
  • At 10:42 AM , Blogger TeamWinks said...

    One in a front pack and the other on the hip?

     
  • At 10:52 AM , Blogger seattlegal said...

    Teamwinks - that's what I've thought about too. I think that might be the better option.

     
  • At 6:16 PM , Blogger Kerry Lynn said...

    front pack/one on hip is what I do when necessary.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home