Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Babies at 12 weeks!

Baby news: Both babies have been sleeping longer periods of time. Ella actually went 8 hours in between feeds! Benjamin's longest stretch has been 6. Even then, when he did wake up, he didn't eat much - he just wanted a little snack, I guess.

Yesterday, Ella wanted to have a conversation with Benjamin and he just wasn't doing his part. He would look at her, but that was about it. He did talk to me though. Well, today, we were sitting outside (the babies, Jon's mom and myself) and Ella started a conversation and this time, Benjamin smiled back at her - almost laughing. Perhaps she said something rather amusing. It was SO very cute - I wish I had been able to record it to show Jon - just too adorable.

They are now 12 weeks old! I can't believe how old they are now. Benjamin is well out of the 0-3 month clothing, but Ella can still fit into it just fine. I wonder how much longer that will last. Oh, and before I forget, it kinda seems as if Ella is teething. She has a couple little white bumps in her gums - that could explain her crankiness lately. I wasn't expecting her or Benjamin to be teething until at least 6 months but according to our dentist (who tortured Jon this afternoon and will be torturing me next week), they can start this early. Lovely.

In other news: We've had some car trouble lately. I was out shopping when the car didn't want to start. Luckily, I had run into a support group friend and she, with the help of some random guy, jump started my car. Today, we had to have our insurance company send someone over to jump start our car again so Jon could drive it to get fixed. Our battery was bad so it is now a brand new battery. For some reason, I thought it would be longer down the road before we would need a brand new battery (we got the car November 2003).

Well, that's it from here. I need to go to bed even though I had quite the nap this morning. I love it when I have a helper - I can actually get a nap in.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 9:16 AM , Blogger Heather said...

    Glad to hear the babes are doing well. My DD started teething at 3 months too. Next thing to expect is that they will probably lose them early too. DD had her first loose tooth at 4 1/2 years and by the time she was 6 years she had lost 8 of her baby teeth!

    Love hearing that they are communicating with each other. Too cute!

     
  • At 9:32 PM , Blogger KeDaCoMo said...

    See, I thought maybe she was teething b/c of the way she was chewing on her hand, but then I also thought that perhaps it was too soon, but I guess not. Have fun with that!! Do you have teething rings? oh and they say that orajel will work, but it doesn't really. The thing I always did was put the teething ring in the fridge and then gave it to them. Plus the orajel tastes disgusting!!

     
  • At 8:55 AM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    Wow, the babies sound like they are doing great! That's amazing about the teething, too.

    Them talking to each other just sounds so cute!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home