Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Small break

As the babies are resting, I thought I would write a blog entry. Of course, I should probably do the ten million other things I need to do - including yet more thank you cards - but I'm eating my lunch now so I'll blog while I eat.

The babies are not resting in their cribs. I tried to put Benjamin in there and he just screamed at me, so I let him rest in the co-sleeper. Ella is sleeping in a boppy on our bed - her favorite place to sleep. I know I'm not supposed to let her sleep there, but that's where she will sleep and I just have to do what works for right now. I did manage to get her sleep in her crib the other day for about 40 minutes. I will be trying some more over the next few weeks so hopefully, they will be o.k. with sleeping in their cribs by the time I go back to work which would be when they'll be a little over 3 months which is when I wanted to move them into their cribs anyway.

Some cute things to share - lately, Ella has been enjoying stuffing her whole fist into her mouth - or at least trying really hard to do so. Sometimes she'll suck on her thumb when she manages to separate it from the rest of her hand, but most of the time, it's her whole hand. She's also taken to sucking on my shoulder or arm or whatever is near her mouth as I'm holding her.

Benjamin rolled halfway onto his side again the other day. He's trying to roll over - he's so close but he seems to only get halfway before rolling back onto his back. Yesterday, the three of us went for a walk around Greenlake on our own and halfway through, Benjamin HAD to be held. Usually, it is Ella, but lately, Benjamin has wanted to be held more and more. This is going to be a challenge. It already is! This morning, they both wanted to held so they could snuggle right into me - but not laying down - oh no, we had to be standing up and I just can't hold them both like that unless I have the Bjorn and only then, I can only hold them for so long. So they were both screaming when they weren't being held.

The other day, I went to the store with the twins along with my brother and a lady came up to us and this is how the conversation went...

"Are they twins," a lady asked as she ran up to us.
"Yes," I said.
"Two boys?"
"No, a boy and a girl."
"Is this the girl," she asked as she pointed at Ella.
"Yes."
"I could tell."
Me in my head - then why did you ask if I had two boys?

And final bit of info - why do I still find myself jealous of pregnant women? I'll admit that despite how uncomfortable I was toward the end and the lengthy hospital stay, I do miss being pregnant. I would love to do it all over again but I don't think that'll happen. I loved feeling the kicks and the hiccups. Tomorrow, I'm going to a friend's baby shower who is also having boy/girl twins. I am so looking forward to seeing her and the rest of the ladies from my support group - it will be the first time we've all been together in a while. I've seen the ladies on their own but we haven't been together as a group for probably close to a year now as the first lady to leave got pregnant around this time last year. I'm probably going to take one of the babies with me so Jon and I can have one on one time with one of the babies - it will probably be Benjamin as he's the mellower baby of the two (and probably the only time he'll go to a baby shower). :-D

Well, this post is getting long and I really should go do some things that really need to be done as I think I heard a baby squeaking a moment ago so I probably don't have much time left.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 2:35 PM , Blogger beagle said...

    Even "are they twins?" is pretty dumb when they are this small. You should say "no, one is mine and I kidnapped the other" and see what they say. Duh!

    Glad the babies gave you a few minutes break to post about them.

     
  • At 6:06 AM , Blogger Heather said...

    People do make strange comments. Glad to hear you are doing OK getting the babies to sleep. Do whatever it takes.

     
  • At 8:51 AM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    I agree w/Beagle - are they twins? Oh brother.

    Love the cute stories and it's nice to read what is going to happen to Rose in a months time! Doesn't it seem like we were just pregnant? Unlike you, though, I don't ever want to go through a pregnancy again. Mine was just too stressful.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home