Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Today's events

Regarding Beagle's and Alli's comments - yep, stupid question I know when they are this small. I even had a twin dad ask me yesterday at Greenlake if they were twins, but he readily admitted it was a stupid question. His twins were a year old. I had guessed 9 months but they were born 8 weeks early so I was kinda close in my guess.

So today, Benjamin and I went to a friend's baby shower and we had a wonderful time - at least, I think Benjamin had an o.k. time - so many people said he's gotten so big - which he has - Ella seems so light compared to him. He does have 3 pounds more than her and he's 3 inches longer though Ella seems to want to eat more so I think she's going through another growth spurt. Anyway, back to the shower... one of the things that the hostess of the baby shower did that I thought was a wonderful idea was a "giving tree" in which people there could take a "leaf" from the tree and do what was on the leaf. I chose to bring them groceries. What a great idea and for a new mom, help in any shape it comes in is always appreciated. Another thing that she did that was a great idea was have each of us e-mail her something we wanted to say to the babies and she put each quote onto a cut out butterfly and each butterfly was put together into a frame. My friend teared up as did I - what a wonderful gift and I'm so happy for all of us in our support group! Just one more lady from our group to get pregnant and I'm hopeful that this current cycle will be it for her. I so hope that this is it for her.

It was so nice to see everyone. I can't wait for our little reunion dinner in a couple weeks though I'll be seeing some of them this coming week for a visit or a walk around Greenlake.

Last night, Jon took care of the babies so I could sleep upstairs. I got an o.k. night's sleep but I kept waking up wondering why my babies weren't crying for food. It turns out that they're sleeping more now - I think Benjamin made it 6 hours from the beginning of one feed to the next and Ella made it 4. Yay! I hope that tonight they will do the same as tonight I'm on my own.

Well, while Jon and the babies are napping, I need to try to get some things done. The list of things to do never ends!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 8:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    In defense of the clueless dorks asking if the babies are twins...it could be possible that the kids aren't yours...I was a nanny for 2 infants 1 week apart in age. Granted, one was Chinese and one was Caucasian, but still...you could be caring for your kid and a friend's kid or something. Just a thought.

     
  • At 9:39 PM , Blogger seattlegal said...

    That's true.

     
  • At 2:53 AM , Blogger Heather said...

    The baby shower sounded wonderful. I like the giving tree idea. Glad to hear the babes are going longer between feeds. That will help the zombie feeling go away. Enjoy some sleep! Heck with the list of things to do.

     
  • At 9:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Also, Heather. Just a thought. Ella and Ben are not identical, and with size and everything, they don't really look all that alike, so it is always best to ask. Although seeing how you were with other twins moms, (weren't you?) I can see how it would be silly to not figure they were twins.

    (too lazy to sign in)
    trina

     
  • At 10:02 AM , Blogger beagle said...

    Glad you had fun at the shower!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home