Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 13, 2007

2 months old!


Sunday on their 2 month birthday (one of my friends will notice we put the onesies on them that she got for them - Benjamin is close to outgrowing this onesie that it almost looks like a muscle shirt on him).

They had their 2 month checkup today and the stats are...

Benjamin - 12 pounds 10.4 ounces (75th percentile) and 23 inches long (50th percentile) - he's a chunky one!

Ella - 9 pounds 13 ounces (25th percentile) and 20 inches long (25th percentile) - she's a petite girl.

They didn't have the results of the ultrasound though I thought the hospital was going to fax it over on Friday.

The twins had immunization shots today too and boy, they were not happy campers at the time and they weren't when we came home. I would hold them, but any slightest movement started them screaming again and they seemed to want to be held too. Right now, they are sleeping but who knows for how long that will last. It's going to be a rough night.

In other news, this past Saturday, I went over to meet other twin mom for a tea for new members to the multiples group I am a member of. There were 4 other twin moms there and one expecting twin mom there. It was nice to meet other twin moms - I feel like these groups will be a great source of support and advice for us. I had a good time at the tea. It is always helpful to talk to other moms, especially other twin moms. I had thought of going to a meeting tonight that this group has every month for first year moms but the twins were really fussy after the shots today and I didn't want to leave Jon at home with both of them being like that.

Anyway, that's about all that's going on here. I hope tomorrow will be o.k. - I'm a little nervous of having two screaming babies all day long - I had hoped to get some help for tomorrow but I was unable to. I will have help on Wednesday and possibly Thursday, thank goodness.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 5:22 AM , Blogger Caba said...

    Happy 2 month birthday! I can't believe how the time is flying. I feel like you just announced their birth! I had the same reaction from my twins after there first shots, but by the next day they were fine, so hopefully your kiddies will be back to normal today.

     
  • At 10:12 PM , Blogger Pam said...

    Wow they sure are growing. We will have to plan on making a trip over that way sometime next month before Ryan starts school. Ben doesn't look chunky. They sure are cuties. Love Grandma Pam

     
  • At 10:16 PM , Blogger Pam said...

    Happy 2 month birthday late Miss . Ella and Mr. Ben. They sure are growing fast. We will have to make a trip over to see you guys again sometime probably next month since Trina and Family plan a trip over at the end of this month. They sure are little cuties. Love Grandma Pam

     
  • At 9:15 AM , Blogger Heather said...

    Gorgeous babies! They're getting so big

     
  • At 12:48 PM , Blogger beagle said...

    Cute x2!

     
  • At 5:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy (belated) two month birthday! And Yay! for tax deduction and worth the wait. :)

    aly

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home