Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, August 10, 2007

Firsts

The hospital pictures that I ordered of Ben & Ella arrived today. Were they ever that little? Ben is such the little chunky baby - so cute! And Ella is gaining weight too. This Sunday they will be 2 months old! So hard to believe that 2 months ago I was about to deliver these cuties!

This week was a week of firsts for the babies. Yesterday, we went over to Lincoln Square in Bellevue to see "The Bourne Ultimatum". This theater offers a 10 a.m. showing of 3 different movies for parents with infants and older children each Thursday. They also give you a menu to order from and they bring the food to you, which is nice.

I met up with 2 other twin moms to see this movie. I missed a good chunk of it to go change some diapers and to quiet down 2 fussy babies, but it seemed like a good movie. I'll need to see it again later to catch the parts I missed. For a little bit, one of the other twin moms helped me out while here babies were sleeping and she held Ella. So thankful for that. However, after we came back from the restroom, I put Ella into the Bjorn and held Benjamin off to the side for a while - my arm is so tired as is my back, but it helped soothe them. I don't think I'll go see another action movie with them though - all the loud noises startled them, especially Ella. The other twin moms agree. I will probably go back sometime though. It would be easier with someone else there though.

Speaking of movies, I watched "Shut Up and Sing" the other day, and the part where one of the ladies has her twins (she and her sister conceived through IVF) and they play "Lullaby" just teared me up (love that song)! It was an interesting documentary.

As for today, the babies had their first out of the womb ultrasound. Their pediatrician wanted to do an ultrasound on their hips since they were born via c-section. Apparently, going through the birth canal helps with pushing the hips into place. The ultrasound guy didn't say anything was wrong, but we'll know for sure on Monday when the twins have their 2 month checkup.

After the ultrasound, Jon and I got some lunch, then we took Jon back to work and we went back home. I fed the babies then I let them play for a bit (so cute - Benjamin was talking and laughing to the bear or the rings hanging from the mat), then we took a nap on the couch. It was so nice to snuggle with them. Ella kept moving all around to get a comfy position on my chest and Benjamin, it seemed to me, looked at her as if he was telling her to stop moving already and just relax and sleep.

After that, we got up and went back to Jon's work as he wanted to show off the twins at their department's happy hour. Yep, the twins have gone to their first happy hour. It wasn't at a bar, but rather in one of the rooms in their building, but there was alcohol present. Neither I nor the twins had any. ;-D

Well, that's about it for now. I am going to try to remember to take a picture of the twins on Sunday for their 2 month birthday. They have gotten so big! We'll find out on Monday exactly what they weigh! Well, it's time for bed. I hope everyone is doing well!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:20 AM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    What's the weight?? I can't wait to hear! I find myself wanting a baby scale the same way I wanted the doppler when I was pregnant! :)

     
  • At 5:13 PM , Blogger Kerry Lynn said...

    Isn't that the best when they start cooing and smiling?? Such a great feeling!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home