Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, March 05, 2007

The Weekend

Another busy weekend – I will always have a busy weekend!

After my CLE (Continuing Legal Education) on Saturday, my husband and I went to go purchase the second crib and mattress, two car seats, and a diaper bag/backpack (that we hope is big enough for two babies worth of stuff). Unfortunately, the crib and mattress won’t fit in our car, so we enlisted the help of our friends with bigger cars and/or trucks. I think we may have found someone but I’m not certain. It was fun to purchase these things and I can’t wait to put the cribs up (I’m sure my kitties will have fun exploring those). That might happen when my husband is on his spring break – I hope – in a couple weeks. We also need to put together the filing cabinet I bought the other weekend. I ran into a woman I know from my multiples class at the baby store - she said she was having her baby shower the next day. It was nice to chat with her for a bit and she gave us some info on the car seats. We were about to purchase another type of car seat when she mentioned that she heard that those ones don’t fit into the double snap n go strollers – I think I faintly remember hearing something like before – so we went back to the one we were originally thinking of getting. The baby store employee agreed because the other kind was slightly bigger than the other ones we ended up purchasing. Oh, and it was nice because this store has a twin discount on purchases such as the car seats (and other specific items).

After that, we were both tired so we went home and just crashed though after a while, I got up and started moving things out of the babies’ room to downstairs and some things upstairs. That became tiring after a while though, so I had to rest. We have so much stuff in that room from the clothes that I’m donating to some presents I need to give my sister and her family to a bunch of baby stuff (of which more is coming tonight as we’re getting some more things from vanpool girl – she’s giving us some boy clothes so now our son will have more than 2 things to wear). :-D Wow, does that still weird me out – I am going to have a son and a daughter!!!!

On Sunday, I went out to brunch with some friends then some of us took a ferry over to Kingston for the day. I had never been over there before and the last time I was on a ferry…well, it was a long time ago. I can’t even remember when it was, but I think my husband and I (and I’m not even sure we were married at the time actually) went to the San Juan Islands. The little town of Port Gamble was cute though the museum that a friend wanted to show us was closed which was too bad.

Some exciting news, this morning when I was having trouble finding a good position to lay in, I felt one of the babies moving up a storm (I’m guessing it’s our baby boy as he seemed to be quite the jiggler when we had the last ultrasound and he seems to be in the right spot). It was just one jab after another for quite a few minutes then I guess he found a good place to relax because it stopped. My coworkers say they can tell that there is a baby on the left side because that side seems fuller than my right. Hmm, I can’t really tell other than I know I feel something on the left. I hardly ever feel something on the right so I’m thinking our baby girl is a bit on the quiet side (much like her mother) or she’s already too cramped to move (which the ultrasound tech commented on).

That's all for today. Looking forward to being at home and resting my achy back, which reminds me I need to call the massage therapist I've decided on. I'm looking into physical therapists.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8:53 AM , Blogger KeDaCoMo said...

    you need to watch out for those cats with the cribs. we had ours all set up for the baby and the cat came and urinated on it. The vet says that it is a jealousy thing, b/c you are focusing your attention on these other things and not the cat, so the cat is showing you that she is mad by peeing on it!

    you could have been feeling them both move instead of just one? maybe they are starting the fueding early?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home