Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, February 23, 2007

In Other Topics...

I went to the multiples class last night on breastfeeding and OMG - I am completely freaked out now about having twins. We had a guest family in the class last night that have 5 month old boy/girl twins and they talked about their experience. Although they said it hasn't been as bad as they thought, it still seemed like a whole lot of work. And they were saying it is great to have help after the babies come - and I don't know where I'm going to be getting this help from. I can see myself just freaking out when Jon goes back to work and I'm on my own.

Breastfeeding looks hard to begin with, then you a 2nd baby - yikes! And apparently, the nursing pillow I put on my registry isn't going to do it when it comes to twins, they suggest this pillow to help breastfeed twins at the same time (and this is something I would like to do as I would like them both on the same schedule - easier said than done, right?).

I hope we'll make it through. Oh, and they said to look at day cares now and get on a waiting list, which I already knew, but I hadn't started yet. I guess we better!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 2:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That looks like fun!! i would think it would be easier to have not be one the same feeding schedule, but I dont know? Over the summer, i can spend some time with you and help out, but once the kids are back in school, I would need to be back here. Wish we lived closer together, then I could help you out more!!

     
  • At 2:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    oh that was me before by the way. i forgot to sign!!

    trina

     
  • At 2:41 PM , Blogger Jaimie said...

    You really need to work on the daycare situation. Lists can be very long! I am on several and I don't know what we will do.

    One of my good friends breast fed triplets full-time for about three months I think. She never fed more than one baby at a time. She tried it at first, but she had to work with each baby so much that it was not possible. Plus then she felt like she got better individual time with each baby. She did rotate the order so each baby was getting first milk every third feeding.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home