Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, February 23, 2007

OB appointment - 02/23/07

TGIF. I am so tired. My back is still killing me, but my OB did give me a presciption for a massage a week for 12 weeks, so I just need to find a place that does pregnancy massages. I did ask her a bunch of questions (rather Jon did as he had the list) - one was about traveling (stay put after 30 weeks) and another was about the pelvic/vaginal pain I've been having of which she said is normal and perhaps the prenatal yoga DVD that I'm borrowing might help with that.

We asked about how often I would see her and will be once a month until 28 weeks, then it will be every 2 weeks, then at 32, it will be every week. Ultrasounds are every week. She wants me to make the ultrasound appointment for the same day I have my appointment with her (in 1 month exactly) so we can go over the results that day, but I need to see if they have a later appointments that day as my appointment with her right is at 8:30. I doubt they'll have anything, but I'll call once they open up again after lunch to check.

We heard the heartbeats and she said that both sound great and at one point, she could hear all three of our heartbeats which was interesting. I'm just so relieved to know that they are still growing away and perhaps one of them has moved a little bit but we won't know until the next ultrasound.

Oh, and I asked her about charlie horses in my leg and the hip pain I've been having. She said if the hip pain gets worse, I may end up going to physical therapy but I guess she doesn't think it is that bed yet though this morning not only did I have the hip pain on my left side that made it hard to walk, I had a charlie horse in my left calf. I hobbled to the bathroom with Jon's help. Man, I have never had this much cramping in my legs as I have had since I became pregnant!

I asked about that baby hugger and she said to try the bands first to see if that helps with the back, pelvic, and hip pain, so I need to go a maternity store this weekend to get one of those.

I think that's about it for today's appointment.

Well, that might be all about the appointment today.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 2:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    what did she say about the cahralie horses? did you say and I missed that? Did she say when she was going to check your blood iron levels. that was alway the problem I had.

    trina

     
  • At 2:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    that was Charlie horse. ho-hum!

    trina

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home