Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 26, 2007

20 weeks!

Another busy weekend has past and now the workweek has begun, unfortunately. I got a couple things off my list, so that felt good. Of course, many more things remain on my list!

Some highlights of this weekend included feeling what felt like a kick at the time that my husband was touching my belly, so he felt it too! In fact, he said something first. He was just acting all sorts of giddy when he felt that. Later on that night, I felt some more movement (at least, I don’t think it was just a dream). That was nice.

Before that though, I felt what can be described as contractions – contractions that seriously hurt. We were told to call the doctor when there were more than 6 in an hour, and I had maybe 4. I had quite a busy weekend, so I’m sure that contributed to it. I really didn’t like that feeling.

Nor do I like another side effect of pregnancy – constipation. It doesn’t matter what I eat, it will always be a problem apparently. I’ll just leave it at that as I’m sure this is a TMI issue.

Oh, and I bought one of those belly bands over the weekend and so far, it has helped my belly feel like it has more support, but my back is seriously killing me. I’m trying to find a massage therapist that will do pregnancy massages and will take my insurance as I want to get started on that as soon as possible. I’m waiting on a few responses from those I’ve found on a massage therapy website that are in the Seattle area to see where to go. I seem to remember my acupuncturist has a massage therapist in the same building as her, so I contacted that person as well.

Well, that’s all for today. Back to work.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 5:48 PM , Blogger GLouise said...

    Wow- congrats on 20 weeks, that is a big milestone. And congratulations on feeling "the kick!" How exciting!

     
  • At 7:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    20 weeks doesn't seem possible...it seems time is just flying by... but of course not fast enough for you though. Make sure you are not doing too much over the weekends. Make sure that you get rest times in there too kiddo. Make sure Jon is doing the heavy stuff. I always liked the kicks to at first until they got stronger. That is exciting to get the first kicks. Love MOOMA ( aka MOM)

     
  • At 10:23 AM , Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

    The kicks sound incredible. What a feeling!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home