Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Random Stuff

Well, today, my back is just killing me. I get up to walk around and walking from my office to the nearby Barnes & Noble and wandering around there for a bit made my feet hurt. I cannot win, but I should not complain since I've wanted to be pregnant for so long. I cannot wait to go to the OB's office on Friday - perhaps she can give me a referral to see a massage therapist. :-D

Other than that, one thing that I've noticed is that my innie belly button seems to be all squished that I'm wondering if my innie will become an outie.

This morning, vanpool girl gave me copies of her Pregnancy magazine to have and a copy of her Prenatal Yoga DVD to borrow - perhaps that will help with my back issues so I may try it tonight. Then when I got in this morning, a coworker gave me this book and this one - they seem cute and funny. That was sweet of her.

That reminds me - people are so friendly with you when you are pregnant. I haven't had any strangers want to touch my belly but people I know have (which is o.k. I guess). The shirt I'm wearing today really shows off a pregnant belly so people are extra chatty and friendly today. And I've gotten some gifts already and I haven't had a baby shower yet - I got those books today and some outfits from another person in my vanpool.

Anyway, tomorrow night I'm going to this Psychology lecture at UW about infants - that should be interesting. Then on Thursday is the next multiples class - this one on Breastfeeding. Last week, Jon went with me to the Preventing Preterm Labor & Birth class and it freaked both of us out a bit. Now I touch my belly even more to see if I can tell if it is contracting. There was one night I'm pretty sure I felt contractions as it woke me up and I could feel the tightening, but I haven't really felt them since. This reminds me of an article I read this morning of a baby born around 22 weeks that survived and is heading home soon - unbelievable!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 2:44 PM , Blogger Runergirl said...

    Yes it does seem that people are friendlier. And just because you wanted to become pregnant for so long does not mean that your back won't hurt from growing two human beings. I went for massages every week when I was pregnant. Spoil yourself a little, you deserve it!

     
  • At 12:54 PM , Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

    Yep, the innie belly buttom sort of smooths out and becomes something of an outie for a bit. It all goes back to normal.

    I second the spoiling--you deserve a massage or two :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home