Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Insert Title Here (24 weeks 2 days)

I just want to clarify something from a post I made yesterday – the month of baby showers are not all for me. This weekend is a support group friend’s shower. Then next weekend is the one my mom is throwing for me in Spokane. The week after is another support group friend’s shower. Two weeks after that is my Seattle one. And finally, the week after is another support groups friend’s shower. I may be having one at work too, but I have no idea when that will be.

Thanks for the comments on my photo posts – I’m getting used to the hair – it is nice to have it this short when it is time to clean my hair. And, of course, the belly. It is getting bigger (and with that comes an increasing inability to get myself out of bed – I think my husband helped me out a couple times last night when I got up especially after my latest Charlie horse this morning).

A couple people learned today that I’m having twins and one woman looked at me as if she was scared of what I will be going through. I realize it is going to be a lot of work, but I don’t know. I guess I just don’t like those reactions.

One thing that seems to be getting worse is the heartburn. My doctor told me to try Zantac instead of Tums (because I’ve had kidney stone issues in the past and Tums is full of calcium) but the Tums seems to work a whole lot better and faster. Zantac just upset my tummy and made me feel nauseous.

Quick question – I’ve been thinking we need to look into finding a doctor for our babies – out of curiosity, what are people’s feelings on the subject of using a family practice doctor versus a pediatrician? I was thinking of using the family doctor I used to go to (and one of my support group friends is a family practice doctor).

Well, that’s all for today. Work is busy. Tonight will be busy as Jon and I go to a car seat safety & installation class at our hospital. This is one thing that the multiples classes didn’t really talk about except briefly and even then, I think it was only because the teacher was handing out a piece of paper on the subject.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 6:28 PM , Blogger Jaimie said...

    All those parties sound exhausting! My hair keeps getting shorter and shorter. I was looking at it yesterday and wondering if I could take a little bit more off. It barely all goes into a ponytail now so I suppose I can't go any shorter.

    You need to give the Zantac more of a chance to work. It takes a bit of time. Not as much time as Prilosec, which I took for awhile until they gave me Protonics. But I am doing so much better since I got my gallbladder out that I haven't had to take any of it. (I am however holding on to it until things get worse, because I know they will).

    How are your parents doing, by the way? Is their health better?

     
  • At 6:43 PM , Blogger Nickie said...

    The haircut looks lovely. Too funny about DH having to help you out of bed.

    Try not to take it personally on the weird looks about twins, some ppl just can't imagine being in your shoes and perhaps it's less a look of pity for you and more of amazement since they can't do it themselves?

    As for the ped vs family doc question. I guess if you really like your family doc and the nurses it wouldn't be much of an issue. The thing to consider is that peds offices are set up to better accommodate children. They have more toys (although it's debatable if you should let your kid play with them since they're likely covered in germs) and the nurses are very experienced at giving little ones injections for vaccines. Trust me, you want the nurse to be good and quick at that.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home