Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Variety of Topics (23 weeks 2 days)

I was just reading another blog and it got me thinking about my grandmother’s twin pregnancy with my aunt & uncle. My aunt and uncle are 43 years old now. My grandmother is a small woman – she’s maybe 5 feet tall – maybe. I’m 5’4”. I wonder how she did it too when this was her last pregnancy and she had other kids at home. My grandparents had 5 other kids before the twins came. My uncle, the youngest at the time, was around 2; my mom, being right in the middle, was 10; and my eldest aunt was probably 17 or 18 at the time – maybe my mom can confirm this for me. How did she do it? I only have my furbabies to take care of and well, they’re kitties so they take care of themselves pretty well. I can’t imagine taking care of other children while I was pregnant with twins.

Another thing that I’ve been thinking about is something that came up last night with my husband – would we want to do IVF again to have another child once the twins are a bit older? And the answer I have right now is no. Even if we had the money, I’m not sure if I could do it again. I realize that many women have done IVF several times and I only did it once, but once was plenty. As a person who hates needles, it was a lot to do IVF that one time. I was a brave woman, I think, to take on all those shots and even more, to do some of the shots myself! If we were to have any other kids, I think it would have to happen without the help of the medical world – it would have to be a miracle conception.


Right now, just sitting her at my desk on my lunch break, I am having trouble catching my breath. I don’t really like this feeling – it feels like I just went on a good long run. I am very much feeling myself slow down. I’m just not able to do some things like I used to. Walking around Greenlake would be impossible for me right now without many rest stops. And last night, it took me close to an hour and a half to get home and by that time, my hips and back were just killing me! The last thing I wanted to do was clean and I really needed to do that. At least tonight is my exercise class with the PT that we will actually do some exercises so I’m hoping that will help some.

On to some news that I love - last night, our baby girl was moving around so much. At one point, it really felt like she was trying to fight her way out of her current home. And at another point, I think I felt her move what could have been her legs and her arms as I felt it in two different spots.

And our baby boy had hiccups early this morning – poor little guy -though it is nice to feel them in anyway I can get it. Have I mentioned that I love feeling them move?

I had a good dream last night too – I dreamt that I was standing in front of some sort of machine that sorta looked like an ATM but was some kind of ultrasound machine and I was able to see our baby boy’s face so clearly and he had his eyes open and smiling. What a cutie! I didn’t see our baby girl though – maybe because I woke up before that could happen. I appreciate good dreams.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 3:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am sure that the older kids helped with the babies and the 2 year old(mike). as I know when Sho-sho was born, Sneezer became the mommy's assistant. But still i would not want to have two at the very same time, but you have a very helpful hubby and lots of friends and family that will be there to help, and eventually you will have a routine down and you will be handling things well.


    trina

     
  • At 8:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It will be all about establishing a routine. Your grandma had all of us four older kids to help so I don't remember it being much of a problem. I remember Jen and Steve looking like little frogs with there little bent legs when they first came home from the hospital. They weighed only 4 lbs 9 ounces and 4 lbs 11 ounces. I don't think you'll have any problems with all the help you'll be getting. Love MOOMA ( MOM)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home