Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Classes & More

Last night’s pregnancy exercise class was alright – it was nice to learn some exercises that I can actually do right now. One thing though – getting down to a mat and especially, back up from a mat – not exactly easy for me these days. I probably should do some of the exercises now while sitting at my desk especially since my back is really hurting right now, as are my hips. During last night’s class, we were talking about twins and twins running in the family, etc. when I mentioned that we did IVF and how our beta numbers were high so were thinking there was a good possibility it was twins so we weren’t entirely shocked when we heard the news. One of the ladies there then asked what a beta was. It’s interesting how I thought that this was a common term in the world of pregnancy, but maybe only those who have gone through infertility know this term?

Another thing that was mentioned last night was the possibility of swimming or some type of water exercise to help with pregnancy discomfort. I may need to look into this.

Anyway, our next ultrasound is getting even closer – yay! Tomorrow morning at 8 a.m.! Then at 11 a.m., we meet with the OB. Then our plan is to meet some of Jon’s coworkers for a birthday lunch they are having for one of the ladies there, so I’ll be getting into work quite late tomorrow. Unfortunately, I really do need to come into work so I can’t just take the day off.

Tonight, Jon and I are going to a class involving newborn care. Although I had already done this class through UW that specifically dealt with multiples, my husband didn’t get to go, so we are still going to tonight’s class (as well as others offered through the club membership through our hospital). It will be interesting to do a comparison between the two classes.

That’s all for now. Hope everyone is doing well!!!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 3:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    swimming would be good and being in the water will help take some of the weight off your back from the babies.

    trina

     
  • At 4:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We went through infertility (drugs, shots, IUIs) for over 2 years and I still don't know what a beta is. Oh well.

     
  • At 8:54 PM , Blogger Jaimie said...

    Water exercise is highly encouraged during pregnancy. Swimming is good cardiovascular work without all the stress on the joints. The water helps relieve some of the pressure the baby (or babies in your case) put on the rest of your body. It helps improve blood flow to your legs and should help your back too. I have had several friends tell me the only time they have had relief of back pain was in the water.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home