Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, March 16, 2007

Good news & Thoughts for the day

Yesterday was a bit of a busy day (or lazy day once I got home) that I didn’t get a chance to write on my blog.

The most exciting news I’ve heard today is that another friend from my support group let us all know that her last cycle worked and she is pregnant with twins! That makes 4 of us in my support group that are pregnant with twins. I am so excited for her – it has been a long, hard road for her and her husband.

Speaking of my support group, we haven’t met on a weekly basis like we used for a long time. I miss these ladies so much because I didn’t feel so alone in going through infertility when I met with them every week. I certainly keep in contact with them, but it isn’t the same. And those who are still struggling to get pregnant, I don’t want to sound mean or anything but after struggling with infertility, I guess I need to have that friendship when going through the pregnancy too – a friendship where someone asks how I’m doing. Not to say I’ve been the best friend a person can have – I need to do better at this myself.

Anyway, back to good, positive stuff. Our baby girl was punching or kicking pretty hard this morning – I was so surprised that my husband didn’t feel it. I moved his hand down to where I was feeling it and that’s, of course, when she stopped. I loved feeling it though because I needed some reassurance from her that she’s doing well. Only 1 more week to go until I get to see our two wigglers!

Next week, I have two friends that are due with their babies – one from my support group and another is someone who has become a friend of mine when she married a friend. I can’t wait to hear of the arrival of their babies!

Well, I think that’s all for now. Oh, just because I feel like I need to document this whole pregnancy - I had a bit of an emotional breakdown outside the pet store when I forgot the food I just bought because I was distracted when I thought I had lost my gift card and AMEX credit card. Luckily, I remembered later that I had left the cards in my jacket pocket when I walked over to a store nearby and didn’t want to bring my purse. Oh, and I dropped my cell phone and it came apart. I put it back together, but it’s been acting weird. I’ve had this phone for quite some time – it might be time to get a new one. However, after all this, I became emotional about other things (mainly baby stuff) and was happy my kitties were there to give me some comfort.

Alright, that’s really it for now. I just have one thing planned for this weekend so that will be nice and that one thing is a pretty laid back event, so I’m hoping I can get a lot of rest this weekend.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:58 AM , Blogger Nickie said...

    Isn't that so trippy when you get so emotionally sensitive and the logic in your brain (what's left of it anyway) tells you it's silly, but you can't stop yourself?

    I say go with it and let it be. Funny to look back on later too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home