Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Babies & Dentist (23 weeks 1 day)

I received an e-mail last night from a support group friend who announced she gave birth to a baby boy last week. She is, so far, the only one who decided to keep the sex of her baby/babies a surprise. So exciting!! Her due date was the same as another friend of mine (tomorrow) – but I haven’t heard from them yet!

I received another baby shower invitation in the mail yesterday. This one is for another support group friend – she is having twin girls. The invitation is so cute! If I ever host a baby shower, I have some good ideas for invitations from the past two I’ve received!

My husband and I went to the dentist this morning and we told them we were having twins. Of course, everyone had to ask if twins run in my family and I answered truthfully that I do have fraternal twins in my family but we did IVF. The lady that was my hygienist today said that she has a friend who is having her retrieval this Thursday – it does seem that everyone knows someone going through infertility. Everyone there was very excited for us. It’s things like this that make it hard for me to go elsewhere even though I no longer work downtown or go to school at UW or SU, so it really isn’t that convenient for me anymore (though it is for my husband).

Because of my pregnancy and the timing of when the next 4 month appointment would be, I don’t have my next appointment until October. Yay! 7 months without the torture from the dentist! Though when I do go back, it probably isn’t going to be a fun cleaning (though it never really is).

When I got into work this morning, I had to park so far away that I was very tempted to park in ‘guest parking’, but I was a good girl and I didn’t. However, I must have looked uncomfortable walking from BFE to my building as one of the security guys saw me in their little cart truck thing and asked me if I needed a ride. I took him up on it. Normally, they have a little shuttle, but I guess it stops running after 10 or something.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 6:38 PM , Blogger Jaimie said...

    I have to make an appointment for my husband with the dentist and then spring it on him a day or so before. He hates having his teeth touched. He also hates flossing, which I oddly enjoy, but don't do enough. Especially now because my gums always seem to bleed. Anyway, the dentist recommended my husband buy a sonic toothbrush and of course he immediately ran out and did. A new gadget! He likes it so well that he bought a battery powered one for me that is exactly like his MUCH more expensive rechargeable brush. I love it. My teeth are so clean! My next cleaning is going to be a breeze!

     
  • At 9:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have to go back in june for my dental appt aren't you the lucky one. thats not fair because I saw the dentist on Monday. the sonicare toothbrush does work the best but they are too darn expensive to get the refill brushes. I don't know if you'll think that the baby shower invitations that I mailed out for you are as cute as the ones you are getting but I thought it was cute but I couldn't find any about twins so I just added ies and crossed out the y. Love MOOMA (aka MOM)

     
  • At 10:35 AM , Blogger Carol said...

    ah yes, the dentist. I cancelled my appointment a few weeks back because I felt so shitty. I need to call and reschedule. Yuck.

    Hey - are you taking regular pregnancy classes? or a twins class? I'm told that the UW is the only hospital in town with a twins class, so I have to decide whether the twins class is worth it, or whether we'd be ok w/ just the regular class at Swedish (where we'll be giving birth). I'd be interested to hear what you decided to do.

     
  • At 2:53 PM , Blogger GLouise said...

    What a nice security man! I would not feel badly about parking in Guest parking at all! I do it all the time at my office when I am running late or if I have forgotten my parking pass ;-) AND I am not pregnant with twins! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home