Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 12, 2007

Drum Roll Please....

It's a girl...and a boy!!! I'll post the ultrasound pics as soon as I can.

We got there a little before 8 and met with a woman who is handling a study run through the hospital. I went ahead and chose to be a part of this study on hypertension since it didn't really involve anything additional from me (well, not much anyway). Just as soon as that meeting was over, we were called back for our ultrasound. I was so excited!!!

After visiting the bathroom (as is my favorite hobby these days), we were on our way with the ultrasound. The gel was nice and warm (that is very much appreciated). She showed us both babies quickly just to show they were still there I guess, then she started the measurements of the baby off to my right side. Everything is looking good with this baby. She eventually got to the private parts area and she seemed pretty sure it was a girl. While she was measuring our baby girl (sounds so awesome to say that), our baby boy (we would eventually find out) was moving around so much that he was getting in the way a little bit of the measurements of the girl. Perhaps they were kicking each other or playing footsies in the womb. :-)

After measuring the girl, she moved to the baby nearby my belly button. He was laying transverse with his feet nearby our girl's feet. He is also measuring at what he should be by 18 weeks. The ultrasound person moved the wand around and I could have sworn I saw little boy parts, and then the ultrasound person said that this one is a boy.

We will have a son and a daughter! :-D I am so happy!!! This weekend, my husband and I plan to put together our registry (and after Nickie's help yesterday, it doesn't seem so overwhelming - thanks Nickie!, and buy another crib, car seats, and other items that we won't be putting on our registry. I'm looking forward to it!

Oh, one more thing about the ultrasound appointment. Their beds are so freaking hard. When I got out of the bed, it felt like my hips were going to break. It hurt to walk. I could barely walk without one of my legs (usually the left) giving out on me. Not fun. I had to sit down on the way to the car. Things seem better now.

In other news, for lack of a better way to describe it - I feel like I've been riding a bike with a very hard seat for many, many miles. It might appear that I have this. I plan to talk to my doctor about it when I see her next Friday.

This past Saturday, I also had the mom-to-be massage. The back massage part of the massage was very nice. He had me lay on my left side, then my right. I don't know if I liked the leg part of the massage though only because it kinda hurt the way he was doing it. I did get past that it was a guy doing the massage - there are plusses and minuses to having a man doing the massage. I do want another one and I don't care if it is a man or woman doing the massage. I do, however, wish that I could be on my belly because I think massages are much better that way. Oh well! It was still good.

Well, that's all for today. I think that's plenty. :-D We are going to have a son and a daughter!!! Can you tell how excited I am???

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • At 2:05 PM , Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

    WOW! What an excellent surprise! You are going to be a mommy to a daughter and a son... what a fabulous day to remember!

     
  • At 2:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yay!! A niece and a nephew!! can't wait to meet them. have you thought about names lately?

    trina

     
  • At 2:34 PM , Blogger PrayingforPatience said...

    How wonderful to be blessed with both a son and a daughter, congratulations!

     
  • At 5:17 PM , Blogger Nickie said...

    Yippee!!!!!

    So glad I could be of help yesterday.

     
  • At 5:37 PM , Blogger Ali said...

    How cool! Didn't you write that you thought it was a boy and a girl???

     
  • At 4:39 AM , Blogger Emmie said...

    Congrats on your boy and girl!!! It's like winning the twin lottery!

     
  • At 5:45 AM , Blogger beagle said...

    Congrats on your two cuties!

     
  • At 11:27 AM , Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

    boy and girl twins! How wonderful!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home