Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, February 09, 2007

Weekend & Dad Update

Well, today I’ve been feeling a little down. I have no idea why. I just know that I have plenty to do – this weekend is going to be a busy one. I’m picking up the crib (and maybe changing table) that are both be given to me for free on Saturday (thankfully, a friend with a bigger car than mine is willing to help out) – I wasn’t sure how I felt about a changing table, but it’s free! I can’t pass up free barely used baby furniture!

After that, I need to drop off my tax information at a friend’s place who graciously offered to look it over to make sure I didn’t make any mistakes (which is entirely possible) – I’m a little anxious about the medical expenses part (and for some reason, I forgot about the cost of the two IUIs that we did last year that could be included with the IVF expenses). I need to put a few things together for that, but there is a draft that’s done. Then after that, it’s time for my mom-to-be massage – yay!!! Finally, after my massage,, Jon and I may go out to celebrate our 11 years of being a couple (11 years on Sunday – 9 years ago he proposed to me) and to celebrate Valentine’s Day a bit early as we always do. We’ll see how I feel after that massage!

Then on Sunday, I believe I’m getting together with a couple fellow bloggers – plans have yet to be finalized. I had thought about going to IKEA this weekend, but that looks like it will need to wait until next Saturday – this weekend just got too full. After the Sunday afternoon time with the fellow bloggers, I’m going to a friend’s birthday party.

Somehow this weekend I need to remember to buy a baby shower gift for the baby shower I’m going to next weekend for a friend from my support group, and get that 6 inch piece of fabric for the quilt for another friend from my support group who’s adopting (I am so anxious to hear from the latter friend as any day now her baby will be born – I’m also anxious about the first friend as she chose to keep the sex of her baby a surprise so I can’t wait to see what she’ll have – she’s due in March).

Last night’s class was interesting. We watched another video. This time, thankfully, there was no delivery of the placenta shown and this time it was a twin birth. It was an o.k. video. The teacher also talked about some things that she already went over last week, so I’m not sure why the two classes were split like they were other than to get more money from people. I can’t really remember anything interesting about the class last night except for there will be many, many people in the delivery room with a twin birth. So many people – which really shouldn’t surprise me, but it did a little. Next week is all about preventing pre term labor and birth.

Yay – I just got news that my dad gets to come home today!!! Hopefully, for good this time and there will be no more hospital stays!!!

Well, that’s all for today! I probably won’t write again on this blog this weekend, but we’ll see how the weekend goes. This coming Monday at 8 a.m. is my ultrasound – have I mentioned that before? ;-D
I can’t wait!!!

Oh, I forgot to mention that when I was talking to my dad earlier, he mentioned he had a dream that I gave birth to my twins and there was one boy and one girl, but then he went on to say that in a 1 ½ years, I will give birth to yet another baby. Yikes! That’s great that I could get pregnant on my own without any medical intervention, but that would too many kids under 2!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 4:23 PM , Blogger Ali said...

    I'm so glad you're pop seems to be doing better.

     
  • At 5:42 AM , Blogger Pen In Cheek said...

    I found you on Babes in Blogland. I am due two days after you with my first baby and also live in Washington!
    Just wanted to say hi and best of luck to you in the coming months.

     
  • At 9:04 AM , Blogger Nickie said...

    Yay!! Daddy's home!!! Such great news.

    Glad the class was interesting.

    The free changing table will be very useful.

    I'll shoot you an email about Sunday plans.

     
  • At 10:58 AM , Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

    On your dad's dream, I do think twins give you a free pass on having more kids right away!

     
  • At 6:42 PM , Blogger Runergirl said...

    So glad to hear that your dad will be coming home. I too am excited about your ultrasound post as soon as you know anything!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home