Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 13, 2006

Various Things

That positive pregnancy test is the best sight – at least up until I see the baby or babies on the ultrasound and also, hear the heartbeats.

I had a little scare yesterday. I went to go see “Stranger than Fiction” and during the movie, I kept feeling cramps. For some reason, I keep having cramps starting toward the late afternoon. After the movie, I got up and I thought I felt something wet. That combined with the cramping scared me. I went into the restroom and thankfully, everything was o.k. Why do I keep having cramps like AF is going to arrive at any moment?

I went to a friend’s house on Saturday night, and I looked through her pregnancy book that she had. I am just hungry for information. I put a few books on hold at the library and hopefully, they’ll be there soon. I also used one of my amazon gift certs for some other books that I hope will show up tomorrow.

Tonight, I’m going over to vanpool girl’s house to meet her baby (unless she cancels on me). That should be interesting and also fun. Now that I’m pregnant (still can’t believe I’m saying that in reference to myself), hearing her stories won’t be so bad!

I just got an e-mail from Sophie Kinsella, the author of the Shopaholic series, saying that she has a new book coming out called Shopaholic & Baby. I don’t think I could have read that book before now (those books are such guilty pleasures for me). I had forgotten until now that at the end of the last one, it appeared that the main character was pregnant without even trying.

***

I just got back from lunch. I just tried to eat a chicken quesadilla and that just made me want to throw up – it looked so good, but my tummy didn’t agree with me. Then I went to go get a baked potato – that was better, but I still feel icky. I don’t know why I always feel nauseous after eating.

Congratulations to Alli – it is looking like she got a BFP!!! I am so happy for you!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 1:50 PM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    The cramps are your uterus stretching, I think. It's scary, though, isn't it because it feels just like AF cramps. And it's so early - but I remember freaking out about that with my first pregnancy.

    Can you believe it?! WTF?! I agree with you guys about getting together! We have to do it now!

     
  • At 2:46 PM , Blogger Nickie said...

    cramping is normal, make sure you are getting enough water, should help a bit. the wet feeling is likely increased CM.

    we definitely need to get together like on a monthly basis!! Do you guys realize we are all due w/in a week of each other??? How weird is that?

    I'll post my spam email addy so you guys can email me so we can coordinate. nickiewilliams hotmail

     
  • At 3:07 PM , Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

    The cramps are normal. It is scary but normal.

    I am so excited for you and Alli!

     
  • At 5:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Remember that you have little ones growing in there. You are bound to have some cramping due to your growing uterus.

     
  • At 8:37 AM , Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

    Others have covered it already, but your uterus stretches a lot at first.

    Hoping for the best for you!

     
  • At 3:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Cramps are NORMAL!! Don't worry and freak out about anything, unless you are truly having some SEVERE cramping case combined with bleeding. My friend cramped big time all the way through her first trimester and is ready to deliver soon! :)
    I remember when she was asking those same questions and freaking out - with tons of women who had cramps telling her it's OK! :) LOTS of pregnant women have cramps ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home