Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Transfer History Pt. 2

From October 28, 2006

8:45 a.m. – After waking up at 7 this morning for the PIO shot, I couldn’t get back to sleep. I checked my e-mail and checked up on some blogs that I read. During that time, I tried to see how long it would take me to drink 16.9 oz of water – about 38 minutes. And I’m supposed to drink 24-32 oz in 30 minutes? Also, I’ve had to go to the bathroom twice since drinking all that water. I really think that 16.9 oz is more than enough to give me a full bladder, but I’ll drink what they told me – or at least, as much as I can of that in 30 minutes.

Right now, I’m downstairs writing while Sophie (one of my furbabies) sleeps on the couch – she is looking so adorable!!! I feel so much love for my kitties – I’m sure I will only feel more when I’m looking at my baby. I’m really anxious about today – how are our embies doing? Did they make it to blast? In just a little over 2 1/2 hours, we’ll know.

Something that I’ve thought about in the last little bit is what if they put back 2 embryos and they both stick. I’m just not sure how I feel about carrying twins. Sure, it might be great to have 2 children right away like that – no more fertility treatments needed, but I’m afraid of having them be born premature. I’m nervous about whether or not I’ll have to be put on bedrest during the last trimester of pregnancy. This may or may not happen, but I do have some concerns in having multiples, but I also don’t want to lose out on a chance to get pregnant if I only put one embryo back in and that doesn’t work, but the other one would have. Although we are in the shared risk program, I really, really don’t want to have to do this all again. I would love it so much if it worked the first time. Wouldn’t we all?

I’m doing my best to visualize this IVF working. Having the embryo or embryos implant. Then on November 7 (the date of the first beta – I think), finding out all of this was worth it by getting a BFP.


On another topic, I’ve been e-mailing the woman in my vanpool who just had a baby. She had told another vanpool person that she was curious how things were going with me, so we e-mailed and she told me she would love for me to come visit her newborn baby. I think I might do that sometime next week before I find out the results of this IVF. She also has a friend who just went through an IVF cycle. Her retrieval was on the 21st and her transfer was on the 24th. She will find out her results the day before me.

Anyway, I once again have to go to the bathroom. I am certain that I have the smallest bladder ever. Then in 1/2 hour, I have to insert the prometrium. Such fun!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home