Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 26, 2006

PIO

Because I can't stop thinking of this IVF cycle, I was curious what the side effects were for the progesterone. Apparently, I've got a few of those side effects and I feel the need to share them with all of you...

1) The main one being that I'm so freaking tired. I went into work 2 hours late today and I still wasn't sure if I was going to make it through the day.

2) Breast tenderness - which it seems I've been having before starting the PIO (probably because of the other drugs I've been taking).

3) Runny nose and sneezing - it did seem I was sneezing a lot lately, but since I've been sneezing a lot lately before - this one could probably be attributed to allergies. But the runny nose part - that's different. I might have had a stuffed nose before, but now it feels runny a lot of the time.

4) One of the side effects listed is excessive worrying. I know I feel incredibly anxious, but I don't think it has anything to do with this drug.

The next one is a bit TMI

5)Constipation - I thought I was doing alright in this department, but not lately. And also, ever since retrieval, it has hurt to have a full bladder so I'm really not sure how I'll feel on Saturday.

Oh, and speaking of the PIO shots - this morning's shot hurt like hell. I don't know what we did differently, but it hurt. I want to go back to when I barely felt it.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:15 AM , Blogger Nickie said...

    quite unfair isn't it? all of those s/e are also pg symptoms!! and since you haven't had ET yet, it can't be from hCG. Just not fair!

    about the constipation, you should ask about colace (stool softener) and you can add psyllium husk capsules (whole foods has them) with lots of water to help ease things along.

    Can't wait for tomorrow for you.

     
  • At 11:10 AM , Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

    Yeah, I remember having to wear a sports bra to bed because of the PIO, and I'm not even that big to begin with!

    I didn't have the runny nose part, but I was tired all the time, and I remember even feeling a bit nauseated (how's that for messing with your brain?)

    I hope it goes away and your transfer comes quickly!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home