Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 21, 2006

Busy (& Sometimes Irritating) Weekend (and more on Moving Forward)

This past weekend was quite a busy one, and I didn't do all the things I needed or wanted to do. That seems to always be the case. Just a warning - I'm a bit of a rambler today... :-D

Saturday morning, my husband and I went to the bank to ask for a loan to pay for the shared risk program. That seemed to go over well. Then after that, we went back home so my husband could prepare for the luau we were going to later that night and a friend from work was coming over so that we could go for a walk. Well, we went walking for 4 miles, then came back to find my computer had crashed and just didn't want to work at all. So most of the afternoon was spent trying to fix that (thanks to a friend who came over to help fix it - I wouldn't have been able to fix it). And let me tell you, my emotions are just at their peak these days with everything going on, so things like this can just irritate me sooooo much.

Most of the computer programs had been fixed, but for some reason, my computer wouldn't play anything that I had purchased from iTunes. So the next day, I spent about 1/2 hour on the phone with the Apple support people to get that fixed.

Saturday night, we went to the 2nd annual luau at a friend's house. We hosted the luau last year, but this year the luau was held in Ballard (neighborhood in Seattle). When my mind wasn't occupied with my stupid computer problems, I was having a good time. The yummy mai tai certainly helped out. At the luau, my husband and a friend put on a little concert - which I enjoyed. I have mentioned this friend before - I really like her song called "Girl I Am Inside" (which I've also said before).

Then on Sunday, I walked around Greenlake a couple times (5.6 miles) while, once again, my husband ran with a friend. Afterwards, we went to go sign up for the Super Jock 'n Jill race...he signed up for the half-marathon and I signed up for the 4 mile walk - the people who run or walk the half-marathon get a nice long sleeve shirt while the 4 milers only get a boring little t-shirt. :-( Next year, I may have to walk 13 miles so I can get the nice long sleeve shirt. :-D

After that, we went to go visit my husband's family in Tacoma then came back to Seattle to go to dinner with some friends to celebrate the 30th birthday of the friend I mentioned above. By the time we got home, it was around 11 p.m. I am so tired today and today was going to be the day I stopped drinking any caffeinated beverages (not gonna happen).

Thank God that it is a 4 day work week for me! This weekend, my husband and I are going to Winthrop to go camping and to a play that my brother is in at a playhouse in Twisp. That should be nice and relaxing, but we'll see. When we come back to Seattle, we may be bringing my other brother with us to stay for a week before he starts school again; he's a senior in high school - I can't believe he's that old already! That just makes me feel old.

Anyway, I'm supposed to get my test results back today and the nurse at my current RE's office is supposed to be faxing over the results to the shared risk people at the other clinic to get that process started. I'm hoping by the end of the week, we will have been approved for the program and have gotten the $$$ to pay for the program. I'm also hoping that the nurse at the shared risk clinic gets back to me as to the earliest we could start an IVF cycle. I e-mailed her last week - she said she would e-mail me back. I still haven't heard back from her! Yet another thing that's irritating me.

Just got the results of the CD3 tests - everything was normal - yay! So I just need to call the other RE back to let them know so we can get the shared risk program application in!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 2:26 PM , Blogger noela said...

    Congrats on all your normal tests!! :)

    You know, I keep hearing about Greenlake....and I've probably been to Seattle about 8 times by now, but I've NEVER gone there!

    Hopefully, one day soon we can return to Seattle just on regular vacation, and NOT for any more IVF treatment (at least not for a good long while!).

    Seattle really is such a beautiful city!

     
  • At 3:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sounds like you're keeping a full social calendar, and that's great. Congrats on your test results!

     
  • At 6:04 PM , Blogger GLouise said...

    I am impressed with all of your walking! I need to hit the trail soon :-)

    Glad things are moving fwd on the loan AND the shared risk program.

     
  • At 9:33 AM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    That's great that the tests were normal and you're raring to go!

    You're a busy girl! Geez! Stay that busy so that when your 2ww rolls around you have lots to do. LOL.

    Hope the application process goes smoothly!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home