Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 11, 2006

:-(

I went to a baby shower today - the one that was at work - at lunchtime. I didn't think that the baby shower would have such an effect on me as it did. I just feel like crying. And I have 2 1/2 more hours left before I can go home. Luckily, there weren't any games, but there was still the pregnancy/baby talk that most of the women could be included in. And the oohs and aahs as the gifts were opened.

It's all too depressing for me right now, and maybe, just maybe, I'll have a positive pregnancy test in a few days. I can only hope - hope seems like such a foreign concept to me at this point.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM , Blogger YouGuysKnow said...

    no surprise that it would be a bit much to be at a baby shower. give yourself a break. and watcha comedy tonight. hugs.

     
  • At 7:48 AM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    Ugh - that's no fun. Hopefully you will have a positive result this cycle!

     
  • At 10:17 AM , Blogger beagle said...

    I hope they're throwing YOU a baby shower soon!

    Hang in there.

    Those social situations are just so hard in combination with the hell of infertility.

     
  • At 11:30 AM , Blogger x said...

    a baby shower during the 2ww? That sounds awful! I cried cause I saw a cute baby in Costco. Your not alone!

     
  • At 2:41 PM , Blogger Family Ties said...

    I hope you will have a + test too honey :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home