Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Adoption Shows & Infertility Ads

Friday morning as my alarm went off, I heard a commercial on the radio that I never expected to hear. It was an ad for a fertility clinic, and they were promoting IVF. It was just so weird because I always hear the ads for Planned Parenthood or whatever that ask "are you pregnant and don't know what to do?" or "are you afraid that you're pregnant?" or whatever. I have never heard an ad "are you trying to get pregnant and it isn't working?" or "are you depressed each month that you aren't pregnant?" (Just so you know, this isn't the exact words - maybe not even close - but you get the gist.)

On Sunday morning, I was watching VH1 when a show came on called "DMC: My Adoption Journey". It was an interesting and sad and happy show. I first learned that DMC was adopted when he did a song with Sarah McLachlan called "Just Like Me" (used music & lyrics from "Cats in the Cradle") and my sister sent me the link to the video - what a moving video! I couldn't find a link directly to the video, but you can find it on yahoo or msn or whatever if you were interested in seeing it (I found it by searching under the name of the song on yahoo).

3 Comments:

  • At 5:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I saw the video and thought it was really powerful and very well done.
    My clinic does a lot of advertising so I guess I'm pretty used to it by now.

     
  • At 6:07 AM , Blogger x said...

    I think it's great that people are more comfortable talking about adoption and fertility.
    I've never heard a commercial for an infertility clinic but I think it's a great idea, too many people wait too long before seaking help.

     
  • At 2:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    They play those commercials a lot on the local classical station.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home