Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

What I Learned Yesterday...

I learned that a major corporation in the Seattle area offers infertility treatment insurance coverage (including IUI and IVF) to its employees and another is considering adding such coverage. I either a) need to go work for either one of these companies or b) get my own company to have such coverage. I think my stress level would go way down if I knew insurance would cover some or all of this treatment - it would mean I could go do the treatment now when I'm "young" and when it has a higher chance of working rather than waiting who knows how long.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My stress level would nose dive if I weren't so worried about the cost.
    Any chance you could change jobs?

     
  • At 4:53 PM , Blogger x said...

    I would leave my job without thinking twice to go to a company that had IVF coverage. I am a business analyst and I'd work in a factory if I had to.
    I wonder how long it is to commute to Seattle from Ontario?

     
  • At 7:03 PM , Blogger seattlegal said...

    I actually just changed jobs within my company and they gave me a big pay raise, so I feel obligated to stay. And I do kinda like my job, so I just wish I could get my company to offer such coverage!

     
  • At 8:20 AM , Blogger beagle said...

    I would also change jobs if anyone here covered IF . . . I say go for it!

    It can't hurt to ask them to offer better insurance / coverage before handing out your resume to the competition.

     
  • At 1:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Do it! If you can get the job, do it--just make sure there are no wierd prerequisites (you have to be there for five years first, you have to hand over your first born child, etc.).

    I've been monitoring San Francisco companies that do this, they are few and far between, and most don't have jobs in my field. Bummer.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home