Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Low Estrogen

I was just looking at signs and symptoms of low estrogen levels, and I now know a possible reason for why my short term memory has been rather bad lately and why I feel so tired all the time. I feel so exhausted right now. I could fall asleep right now if I wasn't at work. Low estrogen levels can also increase the chances of depression. And, of course, this article didn't make me feel that great!

It's also interesting that this article mentions that low estrogen can cause inflammation of the gums. Inflammation of my gums is the reason the dentist wants me coming back every 4 months.

Hopefully, when I go back to the RE on Day 3 of my next cycle, she will have some idea on what to do to increase my estrogen levels and that will help with the symptoms I mentioned above.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Did you see that the levels were low when you dropped the records off at the REs office? I hope they are able to do something to get the levels straightened out quickly if this is what's going on.

     
  • At 9:23 PM , Blogger TiggleBitties said...

    What is the treatment for low estrogen? I was reading through the signs and symptoms and it seems like a lot of them could be attributed to other more normal everyday things. It's so hard, there is so much information to be learned and you get different things from different websites. I think you should discuss this with an RE or even a holostic Doc. Good Luck, I hope this works out for you!

    p.s. Is it ok if I add you as a link on my blog? :)

     
  • At 10:24 PM , Blogger seattlegal said...

    The RE told me back when I had that ultrasound that the estrogen levels were really low and that when I came back on CD3 of the next cycle, we would discuss treatment options. Right now, I don't know what kind of treatment that would be. Perhaps that's something I will research on Dr. Google until my meeting with the 2nd opinion doctor. Hopefully, they can treat this and I can have a better chance of getting pregnant!

    And yes, it's o.k. to add me as a link on your blog! :0)

     
  • At 7:17 AM , Blogger x said...

    sometimes being a google Dr. isn't a good thing. My RE told me about the bad memory with low estrogen - he said to write down any shots I take or you end up forgetting whether or not you even took them.

    I hope you ovulate soon. Why don't our bodies just cooperate????

     
  • At 9:58 AM , Blogger Ladybug Ann said...

    Ugh, Dr. Google has its usefulness. Hope you get some answers soon!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home