Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 22, 2005

Stuff

Yesterday, I went to a BBQ at a friend's house to meet his new girlfriend. His new girlfriend is planning on moving here from another state and so she's looking for a new job. A friend brought a newspaper and another friend said she would look through the classifieds to help find the girlfriend a job. I jokingly said that she should find a job for me (because I'm starting to look for a different job) and she said you have a job. So apparently, when you have a job, you should just be happy with it for the rest of your life. Never mind that you went to law school and you are not working as an attorney. You have a job that pays good money and has good benefits. The problem is I'm bored with my job - it isn't challenging any more. Sometimes I can't stand the people I work with/for. AND I don't have the title of attorney. That's what I want. I know, crazy talk. Another friend said something like I have everything going for me - job, personal life, etc. Actually, I don't. I really don't like my job and I don't have a baby, do I? So I may be married to a wonderful man, but I do not have all that I want. So what's wrong with at least trying to make one part of my life better so I'm not as miserable all the time?

Speaking of, has anyone ever said to you, "at least your married, so your one step ahead of me" when you say to a single friend that you are sad that you don't have a baby. None of my friends have said this to me, but I've heard others say this on blogs, tv, etc. This just bugs me. Yes, I'm married, but I'm still upset. I want to have children, and I don't have them. Why can't I be upset about that?

Going back to what I said above, even though I would like to have the title of attorney, I think I could actually stand staying in this job for a long time if I ever ended up pregnant. I work only 40 hours a week and I have great benefits. But I don't know how long I can stay at this job hoping I get pregnant when it might never happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home