Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 04, 2010

Ugh

Three stories have caught my eye in the last couple days (well, more than this, but I'm only to going to talk about three of them...for now).

The first has to do with a librarian in Nebraska being fired for wanting to teach LEGAL immigrants English. I don't understand this at all. Aren't there people in various states wanting English to be the official language of a state (I think there was one state that had this or something similar on their ballot)? What is the big deal? They are LEGAL immigrants who want to learn English!

The second is Senator McConnell saying the GOP goal is to make sure Obama is a one term president. I REALLY don't think that a majority of people voted you into office so you can make sure nothing gets done in DC. Seriously - a majority of people want to see politicians on both side of the aisles get along and get things done to get people working again and to get the economy move its way back up even more. They don't want you to say no to every thing that the President wants to get done no more than they want the President to say no to everything that you want to get done. This article says it for me much better. A Rally to Restore Sanity happened for a reason - because people want our politicians and the pundits to be civil to one another, be reasonable and most of all, act like sane human beings.

Also, I'm tired of either party saying that they have a mandate or it is a referendum on the other party when they win. That's all on that for now.

And voters in my state voted down privatization of alcohol. I don't understand this at all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home